Hello and welcome to our Décor outline of wood kitchen ideas. Below you will find a summary of the benefits, main options, and some design ideas we handpicked for you along with beautiful photos. Enjoy!
What are the benefits of having wood in the kitchen?
- Timeless appeal – wooden cabinets and shelves age beautifully and can bring warmth to your kitchen throughout the years
- Budget friendly remodel – wood can be customized through paints, stains, or glazing techniques to fit your preferred style and budget
- Versatile – comes in a wide array of wood types with many ways to use in your kitchen either with small touches of wood accents, an heirloom piece, or with an all wood cabinetry
What are the main options for wood in kitchens?
- Type: pine, mahogany, maple, hickory
- Finish: stained (medium, dark), varnished (clear, light), gloss (satin, semi, high), glazed, unfinished
- Woodwork application: columns, wall planks, ceiling (floating, vaulted), beams, molding, flooring, window frames, floor inlays, corbels, valance
- Cabinetry/Furniture: counters, cabinets and storage, dining furniture (tables, chairs, barstools), island (butcher block, peninsula), mantels
What follows are beautiful photos of kitchens using wood, along with design ideas we thought may be of interest to you. Enjoy and happy home decorating!
Decor Outline Ideas + Special Deals
1. Clipped Countertops
Points of Interest ● satin finish wooden cabinets with recessed panels ● 3 wooden bar stools with custom legs ● two-tiered island with brown granite countertop with clipped corners ● cable lighting with black teardrop pendants
2. Stove Niche
Points of Interest ● varnished wooden island table with Mediterranean blue cross back chairs ● recessed stove niche with white porcelain tiles in diamond pattern ● wicker storage basket under island countertop ● reclaimed timber on white ceiling
3. Tuscan Porcelain
Points of Interest ● kitchen cabinets with raised panel door and chrome pulls ● wooden range hood mantel and crown molding ● wooden corner appliance garage ● patterned porcelain tiled stove medallion backsplash ● porcelain tiled floor in amber hues
4. Floating Ceiling
Points of Interest ● slab drawers with black bar handles ● soapstone countertops with curved concrete topped peninsula ● under cabinet niche with slate mosaic tile ● pine planked floating ceiling ● black spotlight bars
5. Metal Accents
Points of Interest ● flat paneled wooden drawers with oil-rubbed bronze ring pulls and small square metal accents ● black granite island countertop with bullnose edge ● wall cabinet with built-in appliances and fluted pilaster detail
6. Rolling Island
Points of Interest ● varnished island table on casters with top mount prep sink in stainless steel ● planked wall with wooden shelves ● 2 patinated green retro metal bar stools ● unfinished wood panels on olive green base cabinets
7. Stove Alcove
Points of Interest ● angled wood topped kitchen island with 2-tiered bookshelves ● stove alcove with dark stained solid wood surround ● beige brick backsplash with arched stove niche ● multi-toned terracotta tiles ● satin finish timber beams