Hello and welcome to our Décor Outline of walk-in shower ideas. Below you will find a summary of the benefits, main options and some design ideas we handpicked for you along with beautiful photos. Enjoy!
What are the benefits of walk-in showers?
- Space-saving – walk-in showers do not take up a lot of room to install so even in a small bathroom, you get to create your own spa retreat
- Easy access – getting in and out is easier with no tubs to get out of, making it easier and comfortable for the children and elderly to use
- Easier to clean – cleaning a walk-in shower takes less time and effort because it usually has no tubs to scrub, and some designs have don’t even have partitions to wipe
What are the main options for walk-in showers?
- Shower design – walk-in, wet room, transitional, alcove, curved enclosure, glass enclosed, Italian style shower, cave inspired, sit-down shower (built-in bench, decorative stool), with soaking tub
- Door style – barn door, hinged door, glass panel (metal framed, frameless, curved, with access hole grip, with pull handles, frosted, clear)
- Glass enclosure type – clear, textured, frosted, frameless, grid framed, neo angle, sliding doors, none (doorless)
- Water fixtures – showers (overhead, wall-mounted, hand held) , hot and cold faucet set, massage jets
- Wall and flooring – travertine, slate, marble, concrete, porcelain, granite, quartz, pebble, luxury vinyl, wood laminate, wood
What follows are beautiful photos of walk-in shower along with design ideas we thought may be of interest to you. Enjoy and happy home decorating!
1. Glass Barn
Points of Interest ● sliding frosted glass barn doors with satin nickel bar handles ● rectangular anthracite granite Japanese inspired soaking tub ● bathroom vanity with integrated double sinks ● chrome wall-mounted dual thermostatic shower ● contemporary bath bar wall lights
2. Lights Coming In
Points of Interest ● round stationary window with muntins ● shower enclosure under sloped ceiling with skylight ● pebble shower floor with center floor drain ● shower stall with travertine subway tiles ● oil-rubbed bronze towel ring, shower hinges, and pull handle
3. White Mosaic
Points of Interest ● white mosaic tiles on walls and shower flooring ● concrete topped double vanity with white porcelain undermount sinks ● large lantern pendant with chain ● recessed shelves on shower wall ● vaulted ceiling with recessed LED lights
4. Black Accents
Points of Interest ● white honeycomb ceramic mosaic floor tiles with black and gray accents ● bathroom door with glass panel in rain texture finish ● vitreous china pedestal sink with satin nickel widespread faucet ● traditional bathroom weighing scale ● showering nook with polished Venatino marble tiled interior
Points of Interest ● shower enclosure with clear glass panels and black bronze finish mullions ● wood topped floating vanity with yellow Formica cabinet and drawers ● rectangular vessel sink with double faucet fixtures ● vintage Edison style pendant lights ● hickory engineered hardwood flooring
6. Half Naked
Points of Interest ● steam shower with partially etched and sandblasted shower glass panels ● dark luxury wood-look vinyl tiles in herringbone pattern ● wide rectangular soaking tub ● floor mounted freestanding heated towel warmer ● 2 contemporary floor mounted fixed-column shower heads
7. Wood Stump
Points of Interest ● wet room with Carrara marble square mosaic tiles ● recessed vertical towel storage with wooden shelves ● tree stump stool ● wall mounted rain shower head with handheld shower in brushed nickel finish ● lights over wall mounted vanity mirror