Hello and welcome to our Décor Outline of walk-in closet ideas. Below you will find a summary of the benefits, main options, and some design ideas we handpicked for you along with beautiful photos. Enjoy!
What are the benefits of having a walk-in closet?
- Keeps your bedroom organized – creates a dedicated space for clothes and accessories; acts as extra storage for seasonal items
- Doubles as a private dressing room – with all your clothing items in one area, you’re afforded a private dressing room with mirrors
- Many styles to choose from – you can come up with a well-designed walk-in closet according to your floor plan, budget, and personal style
What are the main options for walk-in closets?
- Layout: L-shaped, galley style, with closet island, parallel wardrobes, triangular, irregular-shaped
- Cabinetry: shelves (open, box, slide-out), drawers, stacked cabinets, lift-up cabinet, closet island, hanging clothes rack, cabinet doors (clear glass, frosted glass, textured glass, back painted glass panels, fabric inserts, mirrored, louvered)
- Hardware: stainless steel with pewter center handle, crystal glass knobs, ring pulls, curved handles, flush pulls
Features: skylight, fireplace, built-in seats, chaise lounge
- Accents: metallic wallpapered walls/ceiling, accent chair, floor runner, ceiling molding, Roman fabric shades
- Lighting: amber bead chandelier, pendant light (cylinder, frosted glass, honeycomb), crystal glass chandelier, black crystal chandelier, spotlights, tension wire track lights
What follows are beautiful photos of walk-in closets along with design ideas we thought may be of interest to you. Enjoy and happy home decorating!
Decor Outline Ideas + Special Deals
1. Mirrored Cabinet
Points of Interest ● white slim vanity drawers ● stainless steel with pewter center handles on drawers and mirrored cabinet ● floor to ceiling open shelves as shoe storage ● white transom cabinets with raised panels
2. Fabric Cabinet Inserts
Points of Interest ● diamond paneled base cabinets with fabric inserts ● glass topped drawers with cutout pulls ● 4-tiered ivory box shelves as hat storage ● wicker tray on waterfall edge wood countertop ● light hardwood floor
3. Back Painted Glass
Points of Interest ● aqua back painted glass wardrobe door matching the open shelves rear wall ● 6 drawers with crystal glass knobs ● metallic printed wallpapered walls and ceiling ● turquoise shag rug ● skylight over tufted bench
4. Bag Organizer
Points of Interest ● doorless walk-in closet ● satin finish dresser with ring pulls ● box shelves as bag storage ● 4 slide-out shelves under hanging clothes rack ● identical storage boxes on top shelf ● sanded hardwood floor
5. Sliding Glass Doors
Points of Interest ● sliding frosted glass doors to walk-in closet ● illuminated shoe shelves ● L-shaped hanging clothes rack underneath ● bag upper cabinet storage with interior lights ● handleless island drawers with built-in seating
6. Wallpapered Ceiling
Points of Interest ● black floor-to-ceiling shoe storage with lower center drawers ● white tufted leather chair with acrylic backrest ● white double door with black panels ● multicolored mosaic rug ● amber bead chandelier ● wallpapered ceiling
7. Awning Lights
Points of Interest ● closet island with built-in seat ● off-white drawers with curved stainless steel handles ● 3-light cylinder pendant lights with diamond wire accent ● open wardrobe storage with awning lights ● multi-toned blue carpet