Hello and welcome to our Décor Outline of small living rooms. Below you will find a summary of the benefits, main options and some design ideas we handpicked for you along with beautiful photos. Enjoy!
What are the benefits of small living rooms?
- Beauty and function combination – a small living room encourages you to choose furniture and design elements that are both beautiful and practical
- Easier to clean – cleaning takes less time since you have less furniture and a smaller space to maintain
- Budget friendly – you can make your living special by spending a little bit more on one or two special pieces but go budget friendly with everything else and still keep that “wow” effect in your living room
What are the main options for small living rooms?
- Furniture and Functional Accents: upholstered daybed as sofa (French, Swedish), window seat with recessed bookshelves, nesting tables, extending coffee table with draw leaves, lighted recessed accent wall floral mural with ledge doubling as shelf, built-in wooden slat partition with black cube wall planters
- Storage: recessed bookshelves, storage trunks, floating block shelves, storage coffee table, curio cabinet, modular storage, sofa with storage
- Space Enhancing Accents: mirrors (Spanish colonial-style mirror, large rectangle silver-leafed sunburst frame mirror, mirrored wall with diamond lattice frame), wall treatments (photo wallpaper, wall mural), faux-fireplace mantel, lighting (Moroccan-style lamps, swing arm wall sconce, paper lantern pendant light)
- Other Features: cornice canopy, pony wall, anaglypta ceiling, knockdown texture ceiling, textured bronze tiled fireplace
What follows are beautiful photos of small living rooms along with design ideas we thought may be of interest to you. Enjoy and happy indoor decorating!
Decor Outline Ideas + Special Deals
1. Fresh Greens
Points of Interest ● Louis XVI armchair with brocade upholstery and tufted armchair flanking round tufted royal blue velvet ottoman ● two-tone area rug with vine motif on Ovangkol heartwood flooring ● upholstered daybed in front of double hung windows with folded white Venetian blinds and botanical print drapes on traverse rod with rings ● wrought iron and round glass end table near ottoman ● cushioned window seat with built-in recessed wall bookshelf
2. Dark Wood
Points of Interest ● ecru L-shaped sectional sofa ● black solid wood round studded coffee table with dark vase and white ceramic bowl planter ● hand scraped engineered stranded bamboo flooring ● distressed beaded wooden picture frame flanked by 2 black decorative wall discs ● colonial window with white sheer curtains
3. Silver Frame
Points of Interest ● rectangle silver-leafed sunburst frame mirror flanked by iron rod and hoop rustic candle sconces ● 2 bronze- honeycomb lattice cube candle holders on brass and glass coffee table ● faux cowhide rug layered over woven jute area rug ● white cylinder ceramic lamp on mirror rimmed side table ● dark faux bamboo frame armchair with white cushion
4. Distressed Patina
Points of Interest ● rustic wood trestle base coffee table ● distressed patina sideboard behind sofa ● vintage bookcase with beadboard backing ● 3-panel vintage chinoiserie art on wallpapered wall ● carved wood base table lamp on natural finish wooden side table
5. Vintage and Antiques
Points of Interest ● primrose pink Chesterfield sofa with star-shaped wood block side table ● hand painted measuring stick wall decor between single hung windows with tier-on-tier shutters ● black and white poster art above marble top console table with Duncan Phyfe style pedestal legs ● distressed vintage radiator heater near window ● vintage Louis XVI armchair with plaid throw pillow
6. Relaxing Lavenders
Points of Interest ● dark glass table lamp with burlap shade on antique chest of drawers in bay window nook ● misty lilac accent chair near side table with round glass top and cloth cover ● lavender violet plush shag area rug ● two-toned blue wall with white chair railing ● light stained oak hardwood floor
7. Vintage Heavyweight Boxers
Points of Interest ● vintage black and white photos of heavyweight boxers on quiet shade painted wall ● antiqued zinc top rustic coffee table with bottom gallery tray and casters ● tray ceiling with rustic pendant light with slatted shade ● relaxed Roman linen shades over windows with white Greek revival moldings ● faux cowhide area rug on dark stained engineered oak hardwood flooring