Hello and welcome to our Décor Outline of small kitchens with island ideas. Below you will find a summary of the benefits, main options, and some design ideas we handpicked for you along with beautiful photos. Enjoy!
What are the benefits of having a small kitchens with island?
- Increases kitchen functionality – provides extra prep space and eat-in area
- Adds storage space – island base can conveniently accommodate cabinets, drawers, open shelves, or a small built-in kitchen appliance
- Can optimize kitchen flow – good planning based on your kitchen layout can improve both foot traffic and workflow
What are the main options for islands in small kitchens?
- Types: movable/rolling (with casters), farmhouse table, base cabinet with countertop, two-tiered, eat-in bar
- Countertops: stainless steel, wood (planked, solid, butcher block, antique), marble, granite, quartz
- Island Storage: open shelf (single/tiered), cabinets, drawers (wood, slide-out wire baskets), drop leaf counter
- Seating: bar stools tucked under island counter (swivel, low back, slim seats, leather, polished steel), tractor seats, wooden counter chairs
- Lighting: spotlight bar, pendant light (lantern, reeded glass dome, wicker, glass globe)
What follows are beautiful photos of small kitchens with islands, along with design ideas we thought may be of interest to you. Enjoy and happy home decorating!
1. Stainless Steel Top
Points of Interest ● stainless steel topped island with open shelf underneath ● wood countertop with farmhouse sink ● multi-toned beige porcelain tile backsplash ● two round seat swivel bar stools ● sisal area rug
2. Slim Farmhouse Table
Points of Interest ● slim farmhouse table with underneath shelf ● floating frosted glass cabinets ● black quartz countertops with sidesplash and stainless steel apron-front sink ● large stationary windows ● gray slate tile flooring
3. Lakeside Kitchen
Points of Interest ● reclaimed wood planked island countertop with distressed green legs ● L-shaped banquette with ecru cushions and throw pillows ● French door to deck ● black spotlight bar ● 3 single-hung windows with lake view
4. Solid Wood
Points of Interest ● small solid wood island with microwave ● light beige ceiling-mounted cabinets with frosted glass panels ● wine cubbies in lower cabinets ● wrought iron lantern pendant light over island
5. Kitchen with a View
Points of Interest ● butcher block island countertop with beadboard base cabinet panels ● baby blue porcelain tile stove backsplash ● tinted glass refrigerator door ● baby blue and periwinkle walls
6. White Marble
Points of Interest ● white marble island countertop with spruce blue base ● arabesque printed tile backsplash ● salvaged wood range hood surround ● low back wooden bar stools ● oil-rubbed bronze pedestal fruit plate
7. Island Table
Points of Interest ● white marble topped island table ● 2 white open shelves with coffee mug rack underneath ● white painted weathered dining chairs ● gray and white vertical striped walls ● open box shelves with dinnerware and wine bottles