Hello and welcome to our Décor Outline of small kitchen-dining room combo ideas. Below you will find a summary of the benefits, main options, and some design ideas we handpicked for you along with beautiful photos. Enjoy!
What are the benefits of having a combined small kitchen and dining room ?
- Opens up the space – with no walls to separate the rooms, you get one big multi-function room and are not limited to a small kitchen or a small dining room
- Makes entertaining easier – a kitchen and dining room combo allows the cook to still be a host to guests, and for guests to help in preparing food, a great way to connect
- Can be designed several ways – you can separate the kitchen from the dining room by using different decorating schemes, or take the seamless approach by decorating them the same way
What are the main options for small kitchen-dining room combos?
- Kitchen Layout: U-shaped, L-shaped, one-wall, galley
- Dining Table: wood (solid, planked, butcher block), wall-mounted, granite topped, glass topped (clear, back painted, bronze), drop-leaf
- Storage: kitchen cabinets (glass, frosted glass, wood), drawers, open shelves, wine racks, cupboard, sideboard, display cabinet, storage chest
- Features: eat-in island, peninsula, breakfast bar, LED strip lights, barn door, skylight
- Tie-Ins: fabric patterns, accents, decors, countertops, colors, wall, flooring
What follows are beautiful photos of combined small kitchens and dining rooms, along with design ideas we thought may be of interest to you. Enjoy and happy indoor decorating!
1. Corner Sink
Points of Interest ● brown quartz topped square kitchen island with 2 dark espresso leather bar stools ● round wood topped dining table with 4 woven seagrass backrest and terracotta hued cushions ● straight set pattern olive green glass tile backsplash ● sanded floating wooden cabinets with slim frosted glass panels featuring both above and underneath lighting ● corner sink with decorative metal tray ● engineered natural hickory floor
2. Greens & Blues
Points of Interest ● L-shaped countertop with white base cabinets and drawers matching the island base ● wall-mounted steel gray granite topped peninsula table with ogee edge and built-in open shelves ● 3-tier round wooden fruit stand with green pears ● 2 transom windows accentuating the blue ceramic pottery above upper cabinets ● fringed window valance calling back green hued accents of the room
3. Breakfast Bar
Points of Interest ● peninsula breakfast bar with quasar quartz countertop ● 3 wood saddle seat bar stools ● brown stained square solid wood pub dining table in satin finish with matching dining chairs ● pink woodland sage in tinted glass vase ● ceiling with exposed beams and 2 bar spotlights over kitchen and peninsula ● natural hickory engineered wood flooring
4. Cushioned Benches
Points of Interest ● 2 wooden benches with tufted cushions and 2 rattan Parsons chairs around wood dining table ● dark stained shaker cabinets matching the kitchen island base ● 2 matte black painted wooden bar stools calling back dining tabletop ● decorative curly willow branches in tall hurricane vase ● sisal area rug with brown suede border ● amber yellow drum pendant light
5. Bronze Glass Table
Points of Interest ● Warren Platner-designed round bronze glass topped dining table with polished nickel vertical steel rod base ● 3 industrial style bar stools with polished chrome seats and slim brushed steel legs ● 6 frosted glass lift-up paneled upper cabinets with stainless steel frame ● slatted wood drum pendant light calling back the dining chairs and jack sculpture doubling as bowl holder ● whitewashed sloped ceiling with white wood planks as ceiling beams
6. Butcher Block
Points of Interest ● large kitchen island with butcher block countertop and built-in microwave ● distressed sage green dining chairs and dining table base ● wall-mounted wooden rake ● mosaic tile stove backsplash ● hand painted wooden swan sculpture on dining table with slatted top ● sliding wooden barn door to pantry
7. Compact Kitchen
Points of Interest ● limestone countertop with sidesplash ● zigzag patterned upholstery on Parsons dining chairs ● aloe vera in mini terracotta pot with flower-shaped saucer ● wood framed white matted still life painting on eggshell white wall ● 3-light glass lantern pendant light