Hello and welcome to our Décor Outline of Simple Living Room ideas. Below you will find a summary of the benefits, main options and some design ideas we handpicked for you along with beautiful photos. Enjoy!
What are the benefits of simple living rooms?
- Less is more – with less furniture, you can showcase and enjoy every day key loved pieces, your budget will love it too!
- Relaxing space – having less clutter transforms your living room into a place to enjoy peaceful downtime
- Quicker cleaning – limited but carefully chosen design elements or accents can speed up your living room cleaning time
What are the main options for simple living rooms?
- Space Saving Furniture and Storage – tiered tables (side tables, coffee tables), storage ottoman tables, nesting tables, storage coffee table with sliding tray top, trunk side table, built-in display shelves, floating shelves, accent cabinet with geometric patterned bone inlay, sectional sofa, loveseat
- Lighting – flush-mount ceiling light, recessed eyeball ceiling downlight, natural light from windows (large picture windows, tall colonial windows), light catching mirrors (sunburst mirror, large wall-leaning mirror, Cathedral window inspired mirror, mirror with fretwork)
- Decorative Accents – repurposed non-working fireplace, photo wall gallery, hanging glass panels with bevel cluster centerpieces, accent cabinets with inlays, bronze sculptures, vintage posters
- Other Accents – arched alcove to bay window, reclaimed hardwood floor in entryway, elliptical archway to living room, patterned tile inlay on hardwood floor, Queen Anne archway with wooden baluster support, accent walls
What follows are beautiful photos of simple living rooms along with design ideas we thought may be of interest to you. Enjoy and happy indoor decorating!
1. Energetic Orange
Points of Interest ● hanging glass panels with bevel cluster centerpieces over sliding windows ● hexagonal tray over round orange storage ottoman coffee table ● block print style damask patterned area rug over light-stained birch hardwood floor ● orange-hued blown glass lamp with drum burlap shade on 2-piece nesting side tables with off-white faux marble tops ● tweed boucle upholstered armchairs with dark tapered legs
2. Skiing Posters
Points of Interest ● off-white faux leather square arm sofa and armchair with T-cushioned backs ● low rise storage coffee table with sliding tray top ● 2 teak root side tables with modern tapered clear glass lamps flanking the sofa ● black framed vintage ‘Chamonix Mont Blanc’ skiing posters on winter pear walls ● wood-framed large picture windows and single panel glass door with pull handle
3. Turquoise and White
Points of Interest ● turquoise microsuede accent chairs facing round ottoman cocktail table with lettuce green medallion pattern ● small resin framed sunburst mirror mounted on pale blue overmantel calling back mosaic tiled fireplace surround ● ivory wool shag area rug in front of non-working fireplace with white wooden mantel and black painted firebox with 2 distressed turquoise lantern candle holders ● built-in display shelves with lime cream interior paint and recessed lighting on top ● traditional white sculptural metal floor lamp beside white silk flowers
4. Tile and Wood
Points of Interest ● 2 Louis XVI-inspired armchairs with cantaloupe colored upholstery with nailhead trim facing cast plaster fireplace mantel with white marble hearth ● whitewashed Asian-inspired distressed wooden coffee table ● large rectangle mirror with white and gold frame leaning against crystal gray wall ● 2 traditional table lamps on three-tier side tables with studs ● engineered dark hickory wood floor with patterned area rug in earth tones
5. Cushions and Fibers
Points of Interest ● 2 rollback wooden lounge chairs with scroll arms and sisal fabric seats ● bench with woven rush seat and tie-on farmhouse cushion beside black wooden coffee table ● wall-mounted cathedral-inspired mirror with black frames flanked by hanging vine candle holder sconces ● woven wood shades over craftsman-framed colonial window ● frosted glass rectangular transom over center hinged patio door with polished brass lever handle
6. Lunar Phases
Points of Interest ● smooth black wooden half moon coffee table ● cast stone fireplace mantel with tempered glass front and raised hearth in black honed granite ● white rice paper ‘Dudero’ floor lamp in front of double-hung window with top sash colonial grille ● white shag area rug calling back overall color palette of living room ● recessed wall niche with classical period bust
7. Vintage Ink
Points of Interest ● 2 wall-mounted black-framed square mirrors above ivory roll arm slipcovered sofa ● table lamps with hammered metal base on natural wood square side tables ● potted white Oncidium orchids on top of wicker coffee table ● natural red oak flooring with matching baseboard on antique white wall ● framed black and white reproduction print of 1795 ‘Portrait of Pierre Serizia’ by Jacques-Louis David