Hello and welcome to our Décor Outline of rustic kitchen designs. Below you will find a summary of the benefits, main options and some design ideas we handpicked for you along with beautiful photos. Enjoy!
What are the benefits of having a rustic kitchen design?
- Gives your kitchen a timeless character and warm ambiance
- Takes advantage of the natural beauty of wood and stone
- Beautifully flexible – it keeps its style and beauty as you add treasured pieces you find over time and as your budget allows
What are the main options for designing a rustic kitchen?
- Cabinetry: distressed wood (reclaimed or finished with antiquing techniques), bare wood, pewter chicken wire inserts
- Countertop: butcher block, granite, Corian (Hickory Smoke, Lava Rock), zinc island, soapstone
- Fixtures & Hardware: patinated metal, burnished brass, wrought iron, farmhouse sink, industrial lights, barn door, brick backsplash, open shelving, copper cookware
- Ceiling & Floors: reclaimed wood, exposed beams, beadboard, pine wood, flagstone
- Accents: wicker baskets, fireplace (open, stove), textual art, repurposed furniture, hanging pot rack, clay pots, firewood niche
What follows are beautiful photos of rustic kitchens along with design ideas we thought may be of interest to you. Enjoy and happy home decorating!
1. Wood Panels
Points of Interest ● natural wood panel kitchen island top and flooring ● matching natural wood panel accent wall and shelves ● stainless steel range hood and splash guard ● vintage barn weathered zinc pendant light
2. Sage and Distressed
Points of Interest ● brick barrel vaulted ceiling ● hexagonal saltillo tiles ● hanging pots as range hood display ● wrought iron rectangle chandelier ● distressed wooden kitchen cabinets
3. Face the Stone
Points of Interest ● beadboard ceiling with exposed wood log beam ceiling ● tiled outline design on log beams ● stone faced kitchen peninsula ● matte porcelain tile flooring
4. Wicker Everywhere
Points of Interest ● white tongue and groove beadboard ceiling ● green accent floating cabinet ● wooden island top, open shelves and window moldings ● antique wooden swivel chair ● wicker baskets for additional storage
Points of Interest ● pie safe with pressed tin panels ● fan back windsor dining chairs ● black and white rug calling back two-tone cabinets ● blue laundry room wall
6. Open Bar
Points of Interest ● brick range hood wall with reclaimed wood mantle ● herringbone brick tile inset backsplash behind range ● part granite and part wood 2-tier kitchen island ● 2-tier open wet bar with wooden beams
7. Black and White
Points of Interest ● black porcelain tile backsplash with white grout ● barnwood cabinets calling back exposed wooden beams ● quartzite top kitchen island ● dome shade pendant lights