Hello and welcome to our Décor Outline of open-concept kitchen designs. Below you will find a summary of the benefits, main options and some design ideas we handpicked for you along with beautiful photos. Enjoy!
What are the benefits of having an open-concept kitchen?
- Opens up the space – no wall to block natural light so your home looks and feels more spacious
- Promotes family bonding – you can keep an eye on the kids or take part in their activities in the living room while you prepare meals in the kitchen
- An open-concept kitchen is an entertainment-friendly floor plan
What are the main options for open-concept kitchens?
- Floor Plan: open to dining and/or living room, corner kitchen, opened up galley kitchen
- Layout: one wall, eat-in island, dining table integrated into island, L-shaped island, curved/round island, two islands
- Focal Point: fireplace, kitchen island, chandelier, hanging pot rack, cathedral ceiling, exposed trusses, medallion backsplash
- Tie-Ins: single type flooring, consistent color scheme, repeating patterns, identical pieces (furniture, lighting fixture, art, rug)
- Lighting: chandelier, pendant lights, recessed lights, natural light (window wall, skylight, transoms, fanlight, French doors)
What follows are beautiful photos of open-concept kitchens, along with design ideas we thought may be of interest to you. Enjoy and happy home decorating!
Decor Outline Ideas + Special Deals
1. Diamond Porcelain Medallion Backsplash
Points of Interest ● large window banks with lush backyard view ● reclaimed wooden stove mantel ● quartz island countertop with corbel support ● matching dining and counter chair cushions ● oak plank flooring
2. Brick Stove Alcove
Points of Interest ● arched brick stove alcove ● light soapstone countertops with eased edge ● wrought iron hanging pot rack with copper cookware ● brick fireplace with raised hearth ● 6-seater dining table with armless chairs
3. Hanging Planters
Points of Interest ● carved beige wooden stove mantel ● matching counter and dining chair backrests ● corner open shelves with hand-painted dinnerware ● two hanging planters over sink ● oriental area rug in dining area
4. Chevron Patterns
Points of Interest ● counter chairs with pillow cushions ● weathered light pewter and copper dome pendant light over peninsula ● beadboard ceiling in chevron pattern with white curved trusses ● hardwood floors in chevron pattern with inlay
5. Stove Fireplace
Points of Interest ● stove fireplace on granite tile flush hearth ● granite stove tile backsplash with fruit bouquet tile mural ● dentil molding on fireplace mantel ● tile flooring with inset and border inlay
6. Stacked Stone Fireplace
Points of Interest ● cathedral ceiling with exposed trusses ● slate mosaic backsplash ● granite island countertop with overhang ● floor to ceiling stacked stone fireplace surround ● four low back brown leather bar stools
7. Butcher Block
Points of Interest ● butcher block countertop with undermount sink ● wood plank ceiling with exposed beams ● gray island base cabinets with crystal glass knobs ● twig bowl on kitchen island ● exposed brick floors