Hello and welcome to our Décor Outline of mudroom designs. Below you will find a summary of the benefits, main options, and some design ideas we handpicked for you along with beautiful photos. Enjoy!
What are the benefits of having a mudroom?
- Keeps the home interior clean – can be set up with a sink or a small pet wash station to keep the mud and puddles from entering the living area
- Extra Storage – can keep your actual living space clutter-free as coats, shoes, and seasonal items can be stored in the mudroom
- Allows for creativity – can be designed according to your family’s lifestyle, hobbies and interests, or your own personal style
What are the main options for mudrooms?
- Door Style: steel with glass panels, barn door, French door, half glass, with sidelights
- Wall Design: glass, wide wood planked, beadboard, board and batten, wainscoting, wall decals
- Seating: bench (built-in wood, metal), built-in with coat rack, wooden stool
- Storage: shelf unit, coat rack, open shelf, bag cubbies, mail organizer, drawers, box shelves, under-bench shoe shelf, countertops, wicker baskets
- Lighting: wall sconces, chandelier (orb, lamp shade), pendant light, recessed lights
- Features/Accents: skylight, farmhouse sink, desk, framed photographs, sisal rug, floor runner, window pane mirrors, blackboard, Roman shades
- Flooring: tiled (terracotta, concrete, porcelain, soapstone, slate), hardwood
What follows are beautiful photos of mudrooms along with design ideas we thought may be of interest to you. Enjoy and happy home decorating!
1. Glass Wall
Points of Interest ● black steel door with 2 glass panels ● glass wall with transom windows ● oversized black powder coated lantern ● pewter finish wrought iron coat rack with above open shelf ● unfinished wooden bench with scroll arms
2. Ridge Skylight
Points of Interest ● gray barn door matching the beadboard walls ● bag cubbies ● triangle transom window with vertical muntins ● 5 matte black wall sconces ● printed cement tiled floor ● ridge skylight
3. Corbel Dividers
Points of Interest ● distressed baby blue coat rack with corbel dividers ● built-in drawers doubling as bench ● white mail organizer on cream wide planked wall ● cream wooden stool ● sisal rug with white cotton borders
4. Wooden Bench
Points of Interest ● solid wood bench with shoe storage underneath ● pale olive green beadboard walls ● antique bronze wall hooks ● weathered square wooden basket on bench ● terracotta tiled floors
5. Board & Batten
Points of Interest ● white board and batten wall ● white coat rack with mantel ● white wooden bench ● gray French door with wood plank lower panel ● wicker basket on bench ● silver travertine tiled floor
6. Flat Woven Baskets
Points of Interest ● aegean blue beadboard wainscoting ● 4 flat woven storage baskets under wooden bench ● built-in drawers with chrome cup pulls ● gray door with white porcelain knob ● diamond muntin window
7. Matching Fabrics
Points of Interest ● antique bronze wall hooks ● yellow dandelion patterned bench cushion ● large decorative scissors on gray planked wall ● white quartz countertop with farmhouse sink ● matching bolster pillows and Roman shade