Hello and welcome to our Décor Outline of master bedrooms with hardwood floors. Below you will find a summary of the benefits, main options, and some design ideas we handpicked for you along with beautiful photos. Enjoy!
What are the benefits of having hardwood floor in the master bedroom?
- Adds warmth to the master bedroom – natural wood tones are inherently subdued and can make the room feel cozy and relaxing
- Can be installed in many ways – you can choose from several laying patterns, mix the widths or wood tones, and use decorative inlays
- Budget friendly – saves you more money long-term as hardwood floors are low maintenance and can last for many years
What are the main options for hardwood floors in the master bedroom?
- Wood Type: teak, oak (white, red), knotty pine, maple, hickory, walnut, ash
- Wood Style: salvaged, reclaimed, engineered, wide, narrow, combination width, staggered
- Tone: light, medium, dark, multi-toned
- Finish: semi-gloss, high gloss, satin, white washed, antique, rustic
What follows are beautiful photos of master bedrooms with hardwood floors, along with design ideas we thought may be of interest to you. Enjoy and happy home decorating!
1. Cane Headboard
Points of Interest ● reclaimed French oak hardwood floor ● 2 combined curve cane headboard ● light sage green walls ● white-framed casement window with scroll design wrought iron grille ● carved wooden bench with khaki upholstery ● full view French doors with out-swing wooden plantation shutters
2. Four-Poster Bed
Points of Interest ● antique oak hardwood floor ● solid wood four-poster bed with beige camelback upholstered headboard ● slim in-swing master bathroom double door with 2 frosted glass panels ● distressed cream dresser doubling up as night stand
3. Red Oak
Points of Interest ● polished red oak hardwood flooring ● ivory walls with black framed art ● Chinese rustic narrow bench doubling as coffee table ● in-swing French doors to private porch ● wrought iron shade chandelier
4. Distressed Wooden Bed
Points of Interest ● light red oak hardwood floor ● distressed white carved wooden bed ● oval solid wood table with carved legs and carved stretcher ● 2 wooden nested stools ● ecru round-back Louis XVI armchair with stained carved wooden frame ● chevron sisal rug
5. Salvaged Wood
Points of Interest ● salvaged sanded French oak hardwood floor ● color washed walls and vaulted ceiling with reclaimed barnwood beams ● antique French wooden bed carved and cream painted ● alcove boudoir with carved marble fireplace
6. Black Marble Fireplace
Points of Interest ● maple luxury vinyl flooring with inlay around fireplace ● polished black marble faced fireplace with brick interior walls and flush hearth ● large framed art on fireplace mantel ● sun nook with white bow windows on baby blue walls ● white beadboard ceiling
7. Clerestory Window
Points of Interest ● rustic hickory floor ● four-poster bed in a champagne finish with coordinated sheer striped curtains ● milk painted dresser with ring pulls ● plantation shutters on double door and windows ● round clerestory window