Hello and welcome to our Décor Outline of living rooms with hardwood floors. Below you will find a summary of the benefits, main options, and some design ideas we handpicked for you along with beautiful photos. Enjoy!
What are the benefits of having hardwood floor in the living room?
- Adds warmth to the living space – hardwood floors have earthy and neutral tones that can make the room feel homey and welcoming
- Longevity – wood can last for decades without replacement, it is also easy to maintain, and can even be reclaimed for future use
- Can be laid-out in many ways – you can play with laying patterns, mix wood tones, and combine a variety of wood finish to achieve design aesthetics
What are the main options for hardwood floors in living rooms?
- Wood Type: oak, bamboo, pine, maple, hickory, engineered wood, reclaimed wood, hand-scraped, parquet, wood-laminate
- Tone: light, medium, dark, multi-toned
- Laying Pattern: mixed width, narrow, wide, with inlays
- Finish: semi-gloss, satin, glossy/high gloss, matte, clear, whitewashed
What follows are beautiful photos of living rooms with hardwood floors, along with design ideas we thought may be of interest to you. Enjoy and happy home decorating!
1. Sailboat Model
Points of Interest ● white oak hardwood floor with painted geometric faux inlay ● off-white beamed cathedral ceiling ● Moroccan inspired pendant lights ● striped tufted divan ● rolling library ladder for tall bookcases beside large brick fireplace
2. Amish Made
Points of Interest ● semi-gloss Amish hand-scraped wood floor ● cream walls with 3 arched French doors ● antique fireplace with red brick firebox ● beige wingback armchair calling back the stone-washed linen throw pillows
3. Marble Fireplace
Points of Interest ● oak floor in dark satin finish ● white framed clerestory windows and French doors with single hung transoms ● Calacatta marble faced fireplace ● model sailboat on white fireplace mantel ● 2 ink blue patterned wingback chairs ● square white ceramic lattice garden stool
4. Candle Niches
Points of Interest ● glossy parquet hardwood floor tying in living room-dining room combo ● 2 candle niches above fireplace mantel ● 2 blue velvet armchairs ● gray washed coffee table and side table ● vaulted ceiling with decorative plaster molding ● Spanish inspired stucco fireplace with ornamental clay tile facing
5. Loft Style
Points of Interest ● premium pine floor in a clear finish ● ecru modern chair with matching footstool ● modern hanging fireplace ● sculptural cloud pendant light ● gray modular coffee table ● mauve area rug calling back the 2 columns
6. High Ceiling
Points of Interest ● satin finish maple floor ● stacked stone veneer fireplace in between tall white cabinets ● large antique table in satin finish ● long clerestory windows below round transom ● decorative miniature houses
7. Flush Hearth
Points of Interest ● medium toned hickory floor ● brick fireplace with flush hearth ● 2 glass topped tables with chrome X leg design matching the lamp shade base ● microsuede tufted sofa with mixed throw pillows ● faux cowhide rug