Hello and welcome to our Décor Outline of crown molding ideas in the living room. Below you will find a summary of the benefits, main options, and some design ideas we handpicked for you along with beautiful photos. Enjoy!
What are the benefits of having crown moldings in living rooms?
- Easy way to add architectural detail to your existing living room – can be DIY too
- Crown moldings naturally add a touch of elegance
- Can mask imperfections between walls and ceiling
- Crown moldings are available in many profiles. They can beautifully frame your room regardless of the room’s style or design.
What are the main options for crown moldings in living rooms?
- Where to Use It: between wall and ceiling, fireplace mantel, entryway, door (header or frame)
- Styles : plain, painted, dentil, egg & dart, classical casting, bead & curve, leafy look, double bead, stair steps, rope border, Greek key
- Materials: solid wood, plaster, medium-density fiberboard (MDF), polyurethane (slightly softer than wood), PVC, flex (rubbery, flexible material), polystyrene (can be cut with scissors)
What follows are beautiful photos of living rooms with crown moldings, along with design ideas we thought may be of interest to you. Enjoy and happy home decorating!
1. Vaulted Beadboard Ceiling
Points of Interest ● ecru crown molding ● vaulted white ceiling ● full-length Palladian windows with columns ● stacked stone fireplace ● metal shade chandelier with brass finish
2. Coffered Ceilings
Points of Interest ● white painted wood crown molding ● reclaimed wood coffee table top with copper base ● ample seating area in open layout ● hardwood floor with inlay ● white coffered ceiling
3. Feminine Touches
Points of Interest ● white crown molding ● ornate glass display cabinet ● decorative wall mirror in gold leaf finish ● black marble surround with white mantel fireplace ● ribbon and floral carpet design
4. Warm Reds and Browns
Points of Interest ● classic smooth crown molding ● TV niche with barn doors ● framed painting displayed off season in front of stone fireplace ● large oriental carpet ● exposed ceiling beams ● Queen Anne upholstered high back chair
5. Functional Feature Wall
Points of Interest ● wood crown molding in white ● cathedral ceiling with slim wood beams ● panoramic view of swimming pool ● TV niche on accent wall ● large glass doors to pool area
6. Bright & Sunny
Points of Interest ● cream-colored crown molding ● tangerine tufted sofa ● hexagonal ottoman with printed pattern ● transom windows with unique muntin pattern ● sculptural sunburst-style polished concrete side table
7. Art Enthusiasm
Points of Interest ● cove molding on left and window wall ● long mahogany bench ● elevated dining room with marble floors ● generous collection of art conversation pieces ● wood surround fireplace