Hello and welcome to our Décor Outline of living room decor ideas. Below you will find a summary of the benefits, main options and some design ideas we handpicked for you along with beautiful photos. Enjoy!
What are the benefits of living room decor?
- Creates a pleasing environment – it can highlight what is beautiful and hide troubled spots, create an illusion of space through the use of lights and paints, and can showcase treasured art and decor
- Sets the mood – decors can give a welcoming and lasting impression when entertaining guests, or create a relaxing feel when spending time with family
- Adds value and character – it can give the room an interesting and distinct look reflecting taste and style while bringing together elements with both beauty and function
What are the main options for living room decor?
- Styles – rustic, country, cottage, traditional French, contemporary, transitional, industrial, coastal, tropical, bohemian, Spanish, eclectic, vintage, modern
- Accent Pieces – rugs, grandfather’s clock, head bust, carvings, silver tray, reliquary, sculptures, vase, obelisk, pillows, cloche set
- Seating – poufs, ottoman, sofa (sectional), egg chair, side chairs, stool (fur-covered), chaise lounge, bench, floor cushions
- Wall decor – sculpture, wood carving, painting, photographs, posters, mirrors, screens, panel divider, snowshoes, framed corals
- Fireplace – cast stone, hand-carved, stone, veneer, limestone, marble, with accessories (glass doors, screens, trompe l’oeil)
- Tables – coffee table, sideboard, side table, console, end table
- Lighting – chandelier, track light, side lamp, floor lamp, pendant light, table lamp
What follows are beautiful photos of living room decor ideas along with design ideas we thought may be of interest to you. Enjoy and happy home decorating!
1. French Antiques
Points of Interest ● classical painting with Baroque carved wood gold leaf frame on mantelpiece ● 17th century French-Royal Louis XIII style castle fireplace in limestone ● antique armoire with lattice cabinet doors and Louis Philippe inspired top molding ● 3 brass repoussé French candlesticks on glass topped colonial coffee table with turned legs ● 2 beige sofas with tassels and 2 tufted leather ottoman with concave sides
2. Inspired by Countryside
Points of Interest ● whitewashed stone veneer fireplace with flush hearth ● faux zebra hide area rug calling back upholstered side chair with similar pattern ● standing white taxidermied bird ● white painted antique Bornhold grandfather clock with gilt accents ● bronze head bust leaning on fireplace leg
3. Wood and Bricks
Points of Interest ● repurposed vintage ammo crate coffee table ● glass bottles in mercury finish and glass cylinder vase on coffee table ● vintage wood library card catalog ● obelisk sculpture in zinc finish ● 3 hanging wire globe accents ● brick veneer wall with framed sepia prints
4. Under the Spotlight
Points of Interest ● empty bottles as vases behind white slipcovered L-shaped sectional sofa ● photographer’s tripod floor lamp in bronze finish beside sectional sofa ● retro reading lamp with brushed chrome finish on 3-piece nesting iron framed end table ● cherry ottoman cocktail table with leather cushion top ● wooden carved horse figurine in rectangle footed tray
5. Faux Cowhide
Points of Interest ● light blue tufted tuxedo sofa ● corner arched fireplace with decorative silver tray on mantel shelf ● 2 faux cowhide square pouf ottoman ● black and white framed photographs on wall ● hand woven sisal area rug
6. Natural Wood
Points of Interest ● 2 set French quarter candle holder lanterns behind white sofa ● table lamps with metal framed clear blown glass base and burlap drum shade ● 2 wooden pedestal side tables flanking white sofa ● straw hats hanging on rustic hat rack ● square mirror with carved wood overlay hanging on hat rack
7. Patterned Floor Cushions
Points of Interest ● rough sawn timber ceiling beams with fluted cast iron column ● square Moroccan kilim floor cushions with tassels ● orange velvet skirted sofa ● antique panel room divider ● turned over galvanized zinc dolly tub as end table