Hello and welcome to our Décor Outline of laundry room designs. Below you will find a summary of the benefits, main options and some design ideas we handpicked for you along with beautiful photos. Enjoy!
What are the benefits of having a laundry room?
- Convenient and organized – can make washing clothes easier, you can put up storage for organizing laundry items and even a folding table
- Adds value to your home – home buyers love a separate laundry room that can free up other areas of your house
- Versatile – can double as a studio or office and be designed to suit your personal style
What are the main options for laundry rooms?
- Washer Placement: freestanding, under counter, alcove, nook, enclosure
- Countertops: granite, quartz, marble, soapstone, Corian
- Walls/Backsplash: painted, tiles (porcelain, travertine, metallic), marble slab, wallpapered, barnwood, with decals
- Storage: open shelves (stainless steel, wood), storage baskets (wire, wicker), cabinets, drawers, wall hooks, clothing rack
- Features: sink (farmhouse, trough, freestanding), folding table (solid wood, on casters), art desk, coffee nook, alcove door (barn door, bi-fold)
- Lighting: recessed lights, chandelier, pendant light (artichoke, frosted glass shade), library lights, paper lantern, spotlight bars
- Flooring: travertine, engineered hardwood, porcelain, slate, granite
What follows are beautiful photos of laundry rooms along with design ideas we thought may be of interest to you. Enjoy and happy home decorating!
1. Laundry Alcove
Points of Interest ● white subway tile backsplash with 3 stainless steel open shelves ● 2 front loading washers under gray granite countertop ● stenciled and framed textual art on white walls ● small round wicker storage basket
2. Chicken Wire Inserts
Points of Interest ● cream upper cabinets with chicken wire inserts ● travertine tile backsplash with decorative tile inlay ● 2 slide out shelves with wicker storage baskets ● brown waterproofed wood countertops with farmhouse sink
3. Chalkboard Art
Points of Interest ● double panel white cabinet doors ● old west-inspired laundry signage on red wall ● red framed chalkboard with convenient built-in clock ● reeded porcelain pedestal planter on black front loading washer
4. Daffodil Yellows
Points of Interest ● white quartz countertop with off-white trough sink ● white beadboard paneled base cabinets ● white shelf on daffodil yellow wallpapered wall ● matching yellow checkered valance, iron board cover, and basket cover
5. Square Sink
Points of Interest ● gray quartz countertop with square apron-front sink ● white beadboard wainscoting and backsplash ● 2 slim under-sink cabinets with toe kick valance ● round zinc tray with wooden handles ● sisal rug with black border
6. Rustic Laundry Room
Points of Interest ● rustic double bowl galvanized trough sink ● zinc watering cans on wooden open shelves ● 5-tiered wall hooks on cream wall ● wire basket on front loading washer ● stacked wood barrel planters
7. Wallpapered Cabinet Panels
Points of Interest ● 2 modern front load washers ● light gray upper cabinets with wallpapered panels ● gray lower cabinets with polished copper cup pull ● white open shelf with built-in retractable clothes drying rack and wall hooks