Hello and welcome to our Décor Outline of kitchens with tile floors. Below you will find a summary of the benefits, main options and some design ideas we handpicked for you along with beautiful photos. Enjoy!
What are the benefits of having kitchens with tile floors?
- Wide selection of colors and textures to fit most budgets and styles
- Budget friendly options available – ceramic, porcelain, and luxury vinyl tiles
- Easy to clean and repair – sweep regularly or mop with soap and warm water; replace broken tile with a spare or get a match from a tile supplier
- Allergy friendly – does not attract pollen or dust; may be safest to use if your family has allergies
What are the main options for kitchens with tile floors?
- Types: ceramic, porcelain, terracotta, saltillo, concrete, natural stone (granite, limestone, marble, slate, travertine, basalt, sandstone)
- Shapes: square, rectangular (subway), plank, hexagon, octagon, arabesque
- Tile Patterns: herringbone, diamond, basket weave, linear, running/stretcher bond, versailles, hopscotch, checkerboard
What follows are beautiful photos of kitchens with tile floors along with design ideas we thought may be of interest to you. Enjoy and happy home decorating!
1. Powder Blue
Points of Interest ● multicolored natural slate stone flooring ● distressed free standing kitchen island ● glass door floating cabinets ● white side door with stained glass design ● powder blue accent wall
Points of Interest ● diamond pattern terracotta flooring with pebble accent ● matching backsplash accent and range hood mantle trims ● exposed wooden beams matching window trim panels
3. Electric Powered
Points of Interest ● white oak hardwood flooring ● earth tone glass mosaic backsplash ● sparkling black quartz countertop flush with stove top ● medium cherry custom kitchen cabinets
Points of Interest ● tuscany-inspired honed chiseled travertine tile flooring ● black floor to ceiling custom kitchen cabinets ● wooden panelled archway ● dropped ceiling over kitchen island
Points of Interest ● hexagon patterned cement tile flooring ● mismatched wicker dining chairs ● stained glass windows ● open kitchen shelves ● mirror backsplash on 2-toned wall
6. Chicken Feet
Points of Interest ● wood-look wide planked porcelain tiles ● matching wooden countertop, cabinet and exposed beams ● porcelain farmhouse sink with single handle silver faucet
7. Barn Kitchen
Points of Interest ● tumbled travertine flooring ● brick wood burning pizza oven and cooking alcoves ● distressed Provence-inspired wooden kitchen chair with rush seat ● granite top wooden dining table