Hello and welcome to our Décor Outline of kitchen glass cabinet ideas. Below you will find a summary of the benefits, main options and some design ideas we handpicked for you along with beautiful photos. Enjoy!
What are the benefits of having a kitchen with glass cabinets?
- You can have your cake and eat it too: plays well with solid cabinets so you get to chose what you show and what you don’t show
- Beautifully fits in most kitchen styles and color palettes
- Creates an opportunity to display treasured glassware and dinnerware
- Improves the kitchen’s functionality by letting you find what you need more easily
- Glass inserts can be adapted to existing cabinetry for a budget-friendly quick kitchen remodel
What are the main options for glass kitchen cabinets?
- Types of Glass: clear, frosted (slightly opaque glass), textured (glass embossed with a pattern), seeded (tiny bubble-like features on glass), leaded (slightly tinted glass)
- Layout Options: installed throughout the kitchen, in conjunction with solid cabinets, as part of the kitchen island base, on a unique piece such as an armoire with interior lighting, on peninsula cabinets, on small top cabinets (between the upper cabinets and the ceiling)
- Design Ideas: mullion (cross, criss cross, medallion, bespoke), molding and trim variations
What follows are beautiful photos of kitchens with glass cabinets, along with design ideas we thought may be of interest to you. Enjoy and happy home decorating!
1. Practical Glass Cabinetry
Points of Interest ● cross medallion mullion glass cabinet doors with practical underneath drawer ● decorative coordinated back sculptural bell jar lanterns ● marble top kitchen island ● horizontal mirror with large silver chain frame design
Points of Interest ● criss cross mullion glass cabinet doors ● barn wood sliding door to utility room ● wrought iron industrial pendant lights ● ridged white wood range hood ● two tiered marble island with apron-front sink
3. Four Shades of Brown
Points of Interest ● seeded glass top cabinet doors ● high stationary windows with rich wood molding ● two tone granite countertop ● antique bronze kitchen faucet ● base cabinets with decorative molding
4. Whites and Browns
Points of Interest ● clear glass cabinets with crown molding ● multi-tone hardwood flooring ● traditional oriental area rug ● three-level cabinetry ● white marble kitchen island with bottom drawers and cabinets
5. Lakeside Kitchen
Points of Interest ● ceiling-mounted muntin style glass cabinets ● in-swing glass doors with transom windows ● granite countertop with undermount sink ● hexagonal granite island ● three kitchen island pendant lights
6. Black, White, & Art
Points of Interest ● frosted glass cabinets with bottom open shelf ● black square tile backsplash with partial waterfall cooktop counter ● matte black island range hood ● matte black oven with copper handle and reflective design ● handmade bi-colored cement cement tiles with geometric pattern
7. Traditional Display Cabinet
Points of Interest ● floor to ceiling cabinetry with bottom drawers and interior lighting ● hunter green granite island with undermount sink ● slim kitchen back door with molding ● multi-tone hardwood flooring with inlay