Hello and welcome to our Décor Outline of Kitchens with Breakfast Nooks. Below you will find a summary of the benefits, main options, and some design ideas we handpicked for you along with beautiful photos. Enjoy!
What are the benefits of having a breakfast nook in your kitchen?
- Provides an area to enjoy a quick meal and a weekly quaint breakfast or intimate dinners
- Gives purpose to the odd empty space in your kitchen as several setups are available to fit any kitchen size and layout
- Can take advantage of a scenic view by positioning near windows
- Provides additional storage (drawers under the bench, shelves)
What are the main options for breakfast nooks?
- Layout: bay/bow window nook, booth style, integrated part of the island, curved, multiple shapes with option to bring in chairs for additional seating (L-shaped, U-shaped, V-shaped), breakfast nook set
- Seating: built-in (custom/DIY) bench, sectional couch, love seat, accent chairs, banquette
- Lighting: pendant, chandelier, wall sconces, recessed
- Table: single pedestal, with underneath storage, drop-leaf, tulip, three or four-leg pedestal base
What follows are beautiful photos of kitchens with breakfast nooks, along with design ideas we thought may be of interest to you. Enjoy and happy home decorating!
Decor Outline Ideas + Special Deals
1. Farm Style Breakfast Table
Points of Interest ● L-shaped banquette with currant red leather cushions ● two white cross back dining chairs ● varnished farm style table with tapered legs ● turquoise glass pendant light ● red orange tulips in Chinese porcelain vase
2. Bay Window Breakfast Nook
Points of Interest ● arched bay window breakfast nook ● 8-light bronze orb chandelier ● cathedral skylight ● round marble breakfast table with scroll legs ● black kitchen island top with apron-front sink
3. Wrought Iron Pendant Lights
Points of Interest ● gray and black-padded nook bench ● two angular wrought iron pendant lights ● bar swivel chairs with spider legs ● Carrara marble backsplash in herringbone pattern ● white coffered ceiling with reclaimed wood beams
4. U-Shaped Banquette
Points of Interest ● U-shaped banquette with mixed throw pillows ● bow windows with transoms ● matching bronze chandeliers with fabric shades ● wall-mounted wooden dish rack ● rough edge stone slab island countertop
5. Cozy Beige Breakfast Nook
Points of Interest ● beige breakfast nook benches with tufted cushions ● rectangular single pedestal quartzite table ● weaved wicker basket ● upholstered barrel chair with matching pillow ● classic printed fabric Roman shades
6. Functional Breakfast Nook
Points of Interest ● white wooden nook benches with storage ● nook wall paint color matching with kitchen cabinets ● convenient bulletin board on one wall ● multi-toned slate flooring in straight lay pattern ● schoolhouse pendant light
7. Windsor Chairs
Points of Interest ● padded kitchen nook bench with air vent ● silver chain drum shade pendant light ● white beadboard ceiling ● two yellow Windsor chairs ● wood parquet flooring in basketweave pattern with border inlay