Hello and welcome to our Décor Outline of kitchen-living room combo ideas. Below you will find a summary of the benefits, main options, and some design ideas we handpicked for you along with beautiful photos. Enjoy!
What are the benefits of combining the kitchen and living room?
- Larger space – your home can look bigger without any wall blocking natural light and dividing the kitchen and living room spaces
- More family time – you can interact with family members in the living room while you prepare meals in the nearby kitchen
- Many designs to choose from – a wide array of styles is available when combining designs for the kitchen and living room
What are the main options for kitchen and living room combo?
- Floor Plan/Layout: open to dining room, pass-through window, bar style, one-wall kitchen, step-down kitchen and living room, center kitchen, large doorway between kitchen and living room
- Focal Point: fireplace, glass window walls with view, lighting (large pendant lights, accent chandelier), unique coffee table, accent wall
- Tie-Ins: repeating patterns, consistent color scheme, single type ceiling and/or flooring, one wall paint color, similar furniture type/design
What follows are beautiful photos of kitchen-living room combos, along with design ideas we thought may be of interest to you. Enjoy and happy home decorating!
Decor Outline Ideas + Special Deals
1. Pool View
Points of Interest ● matching light gray counter chairs and sofas ● beadboard paneled kitchen ceiling and living room octagonal ceiling ● gray marble tile backsplash and medallion ● metallic spray painted clover leaf-inspired side table
Points of Interest ● kitchen pass-through window with muntin-style upper cabinets ● coffered beadboard kitchen ceiling tying in with living room ceiling ● gray marble faced fireplace with herringbone tile interior walls
3. Dark Floors and Ceiling
Points of Interest ● one-wall kitchen with eat-in island ● contrasting white ceiling and dark brown trusses ● white cabinetry with above and under-cabinet lights ● gray porcelain tile backsplash and island base calling back the modular sofa
4. Sculptured Ceiling
Points of Interest ● sculptural kitchen and living room ceiling ● large oil-rubbed bronze orb chandeliers ● floor-to-ceiling French doors to deck ● cream granite slab backsplash ● two large round wicker ottomans ● faux cowhide rug
5. Statement Rug
Points of Interest ● one-wall kitchen facing the living room ● large marble faced fireplace with carved mantel ● navy blue and white area rug calling back the 2 armchairs facing kitchen ● wide planked satin finish hardwood floors
6. Contemporary Design
Points of Interest ● peninsula base cabinet panels complementing the living room wall cladding ● 2 white sofas with black and white throw pillows ● recessed floating shelves ● live edge wood coffee table ● two black drum pendant lights
7. Shades of Green
Points of Interest ● beamed kitchen and living room ceiling ● basil green octagonal coffee table with drawers ● mint green kitchen cabinets with recessed panels ● 4 wicker armchairs ● jute area rug