Hello and welcome to our Décor Outline of kitchen island design ideas. Below you will find a summary of the benefits, main options and some design ideas we handpicked for you along with beautiful photos. Enjoy!
What are the benefits of kitchen island?
- More space for living – quick breakfast, casual dinner, homework time, hanging out with loved ones
- Additional space to prepare meals – an island gives you an extra countertop
- Convenient extra storage – island’s base cabinets, drawers, or shelves
- Kitchen islands come in many shapes and sizes to fit your kitchen layout
What are the main options for kitchen island?
- Types: furniture-style, eat-in bar, two-tiered, movable/rolling (with casters), base cabinet with countertop, L-shaped, U-shaped, round
- Countertops: granite, marble, butcher block, concrete, quartz, solid wood
- Storage: cabinets, drawers, open shelves, wine cubbies
- Seating: counter chairs, bar stools, armchairs, bench, rush seats
What follows are beautiful photos of kitchen islands along with design ideas we thought may be of interest to you. Enjoy and happy home decorating!
1. Granite Kitchen Countertops
Points of Interest ● elongated rectangular kitchen island with shaker style cabinets ● granite countertop and kitchen island top ● framed medallion with ceramic tiles in diamond pattern ● white subway tile backsplash ● 3 4-light candle-style shaded chandeliers
2. Vintage Mint Kitchen
Points of Interest ● narrow wooden-base kitchen island ● white marble island with gray veining ● candle-style chandelier wrapped in white with dangling crystals ● white vintage porcelain sink matched with brass faucet ● mint painted custom cabinets with moldings
3. Kitchen and Dining Space
Points of Interest ● semi-circle granite kitchen island top with sink ● 4-seater kitchen island as dining extension ● white subway tile backsplash ● wide windows for natural lighting ● countertop by the window as buffet table
4. Spacious Kitchen
Points of Interest ● square center island with matching L-shaped 8-seater counter ● built-in refrigerator door matched with custom glossy cabinets with polished chrome handles ● square marble tiles flooring
5. White Light
Points of Interest ● white with gray veining marble topped kitchen island ● open shelves under kitchen island ● contrasting dark hardwood flooring ● custom cabinets with moldings ● French door and windows
6. Woody Kitchen
Points of Interest ● U-shaped 2-tiered kitchen island ● chiseled edge granite countertops ● upholstered metal counter stool with twigs ● fridge with built-in wine cooler ● half wood trunk as wall accent
7. Cherry Wood Kitchen
Points of Interest ● 3-tiered kitchen island with sink ● hardwood topped seated kitchen island end ● red glass mosaic tile backsplash ● 3 pendant lights with rich amber hues