Hello and welcome to our Décor Outline of kitchen ideas for small spaces. Below you will find a summary of the benefits, main options, and some design ideas we handpicked for you along with beautiful photos. Enjoy!
What are the benefits of having a small kitchen?
- Brings family together – smaller space promotes deeper or a more casual interaction with your family
- Efficient cooking – everything you need can be just an arm’s length away, reducing foot traffic which helps in faster and easier food preparation
- No wasted space – every nook and cranny can be used for storing kitchen items; even cabinet doors can be used to maximize precious space
What are the main options for kitchens with small spaces?
- Layout: U-shaped, L-shaped, galley, one-wall
- Countertop Idea: wall-mounted breakfast bar, peninsula doubling as breakfast bar, narrow kitchen island, two-tiered island
- Cabinet Design: ceiling-mounted, glass panels, transom cabinets, floating
- Extra Storage: shelves (open, floating), tiered utility cart, window sill, hanging pot rack, range hood mantel, slim glass spice cabinet
What follows are beautiful photos of kitchens with small spaces, along with design ideas we thought may be of interest to you. Enjoy and happy home decorating!
Decor Outline Ideas + Special Deals
1. Boards on the Wall
Points of Interest ● white subway tile backsplash ● double-purpose beadboard paneled small breakfast bar ● wood cutting boards hanging on white wall ● three two-bottle wine racks above upper cabinet ● chevron lampshade pendant lights
2. Busy Backsplash
Points of Interest ● patterned tile backsplash ● cream open shelves with gray corbels ● textured glass faced upper cabinets with glass shelves ● polished nickel lantern on wood column ● distressed beadboard panels on peninsula base
3. Window Sill Bench
Points of Interest ● wall-mounted breakfast bar ● handleless flat panel upper cabinets ● wide casement window sill doubling as bench ● amber glass bottles on transom window sill ● black and white luxury vinyl flooring
4. Under the Stairs
Points of Interest ● U-shaped kitchen under staircase with light sage cabinetry ● vertically installed adjustable spotlight bar on subway tile backsplash ● contrasting white granite countertops with black farmhouse sink
5. Utility Cart
Points of Interest ● U-shaped butcher block countertop with drop-in sink ● charcoal gray base cabinets with built-in small open shelves ● glass faced upper cabinets ● convenient black kitchen utility cart with food items
6. Tile Mural
Points of Interest ● galley kitchen with stone blue cabinets ● illuminated upper cabinets with custom glass panels ● decorative plates on range hood mantel ● planter marble tile mural backsplash ● see-through wall
7. Butcher Blocks
Points of Interest ● butcher block countertops and shelves ● black base cabinets with long steel handles ● stainless steel stove backsplash ● stacked books on center shelf ● framed textual art ● blue exterior walls framing the small kitchen