Hello and welcome to our Décor Outline of kitchen countertop ideas. Below you will find a summary of the benefits, main options, and some design ideas we handpicked for you along with beautiful photos. Enjoy!
What are the benefits of having a kitchen countertop?
- Adds beauty – the color and inherent characteristics of your material choice can tie in and enhance the overall look of the kitchen
- Multi-purpose – can serve as food preparation surface, cutting board, breakfast bar, and office desk
- Wide variety – from material to color, you can choose from many available options that can accommodate your budget and personal style
What are the main options for kitchen countertops?
- Layout: L-shaped, U-shaped, island, two-tiered peninsula
- Types: tiles (natural, printed), solid
- Material: granite, marble, porcelain, stainless steel, butcher block, soapstone, concrete, terracotta, Corian, limestone
- Color: black, white, gray, beige, brown, cream, natural
- Surface Finish: polished, honed, stained
- Edge Types: straight, ogee (single, double), waterfall
What follows are beautiful photos of kitchen countertops along with design ideas we thought may be of interest to you. Enjoy and happy home decorating!
1. Printed Tiles
Points of Interest ● black and white cement tiled countertop ● planked kitchen cabinets with small black knobs and towel bar ● open shelves on planked walls ● white plantation shutters ● 2 black powder coated copper pendant lights
2. Industrial Island
Points of Interest ● stainless steel island countertop and cabinetry with two stoves ● butcher block second island countertop with soapstone topped bar ● metallic backsplash ● bronze and glass globe pendant light over breakfast nook
3. Rustic Country Kitchen
Points of Interest ● rough concrete kitchen countertops ● arched bar alcove with salvaged double doors ● checkerboard concrete stove backsplash ● salvaged wood window sill ● sliding reclaimed barn doors ● travertine tile flooring
4. Cottage Kitchen
Points of Interest ● weathered terracotta tiled countertop with unfinished wooden base ● concrete walls with terracotta tile sidesplash ● salvaged wood shelf above sink ● rustic wood range hood surround
5. Mixed Cabinet Styles
Points of Interest ● two-tiered gray marble peninsula countertops with ogee edge ● Carrara marble island countertop with drawers and open shelf underneath ● mixed upper cabinet styles ● wine cubbies calling back diamond stove backsplash
6. Curved Island
Points of Interest ● steel gray granite curved island countertop ● slate tile backsplash ● frosted glass faced corner cabinet above appliance garage ● polished nickel cup pulls on base drawers ● curved wood seat bar stools
7. Sienna Cream Granite
Points of Interest ● sienna cream granite island countertop with double bowl farmhouse sink ● glossy gray porcelain tile backsplash with pot filler ● French doors to porch ● two clear glass dome pendant lights