Hello and welcome to our Décor Outline of kitchen color ideas. Below you will find a summary of the benefits, main options and some design ideas we handpicked for you along with beautiful photos. Enjoy!
What are the benefits of adding colors to your kitchen?
- Helps you set the feel and mood that cheers you up when you’re in the kitchen
- Can make a small kitchen look larger, or a large kitchen feel more intimate
- Contributes to complementing your favorite style
- Colors can be changed over time so you can feel free to explore
What are the main options for adding color to your kitchen
- Where: walls (accent), painted cabinets, flooring, backsplash, countertops, appliances, hardware, shelves, unique furniture piece, or decorative accents
- Method: solid color, faux finish, glazing, rubbed hand painted, milk paint.
- Palette: neutral, warm tones, cool, contrasting, complementary, dual shades, bold, two-toned
What follows are beautiful photos of kitchen color ideas along with design ideas we thought may be of interest to you. Enjoy and happy home decorating!
1. Country View
Points of Interest ● dark olive green square kitchen island ● pickled white pine cathedral ceiling ● cherry hardwood flooring with matching stools ● tin backsplash
2. Railroad Ties
Points of Interest ● blue kitchen island with textured glass faced base ● antique white cabinetry ● custom range hood matching island ● starfish decoration on windows
Points of Interest ● tiled backsplash in various earth tone hues ● creamy white recessed-panel cabinetry ● oil rubbed bronze handles ● terra cotta walls above cabinet crown molding
4. Splash of Sage
Points of Interest ● sage shaker-style kitchen cabinets ● built-in wall shelves ● marble topped white kitchen island with shelves underneath ● 2 dome shade chrome pendant lights
5. Yellow Sunflowers
Points of Interest ● vanilla yellow walls ● dark green laminate countertop ● molded trivet on countertop ● stained glass window● DIY pot rack
6. Blue Marble
Points of Interest ● blue marble countertops and backsplash ● carved stone range hood with corbels ● off-white custom cabinets ● semi-arched casement window with transom
7. Petite Country in Teal
Points of Interest ● dark teal cabinets with matching kitchen door ● slate gray quartz countertop ● backsplash with chalky white veins ● wooden tripod bar stools