Hello and welcome to our Décor Outline of front door designs. Below you will find a summary of the benefits, main options, and some design ideas we handpicked for you along with beautiful photos. Enjoy!
What are the benefits of having a well-designed front door?
- Dramatically improves your home’s curb appeal
- Can be a good complement to your landscape design or foyer decor
- With many designs to choose from and can be designed to match your style and budget, you can have a unique front door
What are the main options for front door designs?
- Style: colonial (front door with portico), Dutch door, French doors, contemporary
- Material: solid wood, fiberglass, PVC, mix (wood/glass, wood/steel), vinyl
- Partners well with: sidelights (all glass, different types of beveled glass, with iron panels/muntins), fanlight, transom window
- Accessories: door knocker, storm door, mail slot, decorative strap hinge, wreath
- Finishes: painted (blue, green, yellow, black) or stained (matte, satin, semi or high gloss)
What follows are beautiful photos of front doors along with design ideas we thought may be of interest to you. Enjoy and happy home decorating!
1. Keystone & Lantern
Points of Interest ● segmental arch black doors with brick siding and keystone design ● concrete stairs with curved edge ● large round and square terracotta and zinc planters ● wrought iron lantern over front doors
Points of Interest ● arched wooden double doors with glass inserts ● brick path and stairs ● vaulted portico ● round transom window ● two outdoor chairs with striped throw pillows
3. Cerulean Blue
Points of Interest ● 4-panel light royal blue Dutch door ● matching window color ● reclaimed wood beams ● pointed linen curtain ● terracotta resin box window planter with saucer
4. Statement Facade
Points of Interest ● matching light turquoise door and beadboard ceiling ● painted wooden steps leading to front door ● weathered terracotta planters with saucers ● gray cedar shingle lap siding
Points of Interest ● pink beadboard door echoing the bougainvillea ● semi-circular stacked stone raised bed ● Cretan urn planter
6. Ring Knocker
Points of Interest ● wooden front door with beadboard and raised panel ● concrete stair steps with rough edge ● brass ring knocker ● gray portico frame with cross bars ● wood plank planters with metal brackets
7. Light Turquoise
Points of Interest ● matching light turquoise 9-panel doors and window shutters ● natural stone risers ● wicker armchair with matching foot stool ● multiple planters of varying size framing entrance