Hello and welcome to our Décor Outline of family room design ideas. Below you will find a summary of the benefits, main options, and some design ideas we handpicked for you along with beautiful photos. Enjoy!
What are the benefits of having a family room?
- Brings family together – family room can be large enough to hold what every family member needs, encouraging the family to be in one area
- Multi-purpose area – can serve as the living room, entertainment area, home office, and library
- Fits your style and budget – many available design options can be used to style the family room without going over your budget
What are the main options for family rooms?
- Seating: sofa (Chesterfield, lounge, sectional), armchairs (wingback, Barcelona), bench, ottomans, upholstered stools, folding rope chair
- Table: coffee table (wood, glass), ceramic garden stools, tree stump, water trough
- Features/Accents: fireplace, library, artwork, accent wall, picture windows, area rug, oversized wall clock
- Ceiling: beamed, coffered, planked, beadboard, vaulted, with skylights
- Lighting: with ceiling fan, pendant light, chandelier, recessed lights, lamp shades, wall sconces, spotlight bar, library lights
What follows are beautiful photos of family rooms along with design ideas we thought may be of interest to you. Enjoy and happy home decorating!
1. Salvaged Pieces
Points of Interest ● brick fireplace with raised hearth ● salvaged windows and shutters on fireplace mantel ● square wire basket on water through coffee table ● distressed two-tiered side table with chicken wire sidings ● bamboo shades
2. Eclectic Design
Points of Interest ● white painted brick wall and fireplace ● illuminated metallic 3D art on fireplace mantel ● tufted caramel Barcelona chairs ● faux cowhide rug ● floor-to-ceiling bookcase ● mixed liquor bottles on antique bar cabinet
Points of Interest ● arched carved marble and cast iron fireplace with flush hearth ● framed artwork on lavender gray walls ● tufted ecru ottoman coffee table on casters ● trellis-inspired area rug ● two swing arm lamp shades
4. Unfinished Wood
Points of Interest ● brown and charcoal black sofas with mixed throw pillows ● unfinished wooden table with open shelves and rope legs ● two ceiling spotlight bars illuminating the rustic open shelves ● whitewashed brick wall with fireplace
5. Garden View
Points of Interest ● light gray lounge sofa ● matching throw pillow and bench cushions ● open fireplace with spark guard curtains ● dark gray TV niche above fireplace ● glass walls with garden view
6. Vintage Industrial
Points of Interest ● wood tray coffee table ● oversized vintage clock on concrete wall ● wrought iron orb chandelier ● firewood in wicker basket ● framed black and white art on travertine fireplace mantel ● vintage industrial book shelves
7. Floating Shelves
Points of Interest ● tiled fireplace surround with extended hearth doubling as bench ● two coffee tables with square steel legs ● floating dark espresso shelves matching with TV shelf ● four tall single-hung windows