Hello and welcome to our Décor Outline of dining rooms with hardwood floors. Below you will find a summary of the benefits, main options, and some design ideas we handpicked for you along with beautiful photos. Enjoy!
What are the benefits of having hardwood floor in the dining room?
- Brings warmth to your dining room – combine elegance and cozyness at the same time
- Timeless beauty – hardwood floors age gracefully and are forgiving with gentle damage (it’s called antiqued/vintage…). Can also be refinished to become as good as new
- Easy to maintain – if properly sealed, they can be cleaned quickly and easily
What are the main options for installing hardwood floors in dining rooms?
- Wood Type: oak (white, red, golden), maple, hickory, ash, cherry, pine
- Wood Style: solid, engineered, salvaged, reclaimed, hand scraped
- Finish: stained, matte, satin, semi-gloss, varnished, painted, whitewashed
- Patterns: herringbone, chevron, wide or narrow planks, straight set, diagonal, random, parquet
- Tone: natural, light, medium, dark
What follows are beautiful photos of dining room with hardwood floors, along with design ideas we thought may be of interest to you. Enjoy and happy home decorating!
Points of Interest ● hand scraped engineered hickory hardwood floor matching the crown moldings ● wooden dining table with double pedestal trestle base ● pair of wingback dining arm chairs with cabriole legs ● rustic clear glass bell jar shade pendant lights
2. Lovely Dining
Points of Interest ● light oak hardwood flooring ● off-white round table with urn pedestal base ● vaulted ceiling with dormer windows ● white painted wood ceiling panels ● wrought iron candle chandelier
3. Mix and Match
Points of Interest ● mixed width reclaimed planked flooring ● heavily distressed painted table ● country style spindle back dining chairs ● mismatched kitchen cabinets ● wooden highchairs
4. Ghost Chairs
Points of Interest ● light maple hardwood floor ● trestle style wood pallet dining table ● ghost dining chairs ● upholstered club chair with nailhead trim ● white painted ceiling beams
5. Intricate Columns
Points of Interest ● herringbone wood parquet flooring ● ornate Corinthian style interior columns ● decorative plaster ceiling moldings and trims ● floor-to-ceiling drapes with balloon valance ● wall mounted console table
6. Cane Chairs
Points of Interest ● walnut stained red oak hardwood floor ● cane back dining chairs ● glass topped wooden dining table ● decorative ceiling medallion ● uplight wrought iron chandelier with frosted glass shade
7. Black and Brick
Points of Interest ● ash hardwood floor ● dark espresso dining table dining table with turned legs ● emerald green Eiffel dining chairs with wooden legs ● slanted glass wall ● exposed brick wall