Hello and welcome to our Décor Outline of dark master bedroom ideas. Below you will find a summary of the benefits, main options, and some design ideas we handpicked for you along with beautiful photos. Enjoy!
What are the benefits of having a dark master bedroom?
- Can improve sleep quality – bright colors in the master bedroom can increase your energy, making it more difficult to fall asleep
- Showcase your treasures – make them pop up against a dark walls or an accent piece
- Can be designed in many ways – you can paint one or more walls in a solid dark color or get the dark color from the furnitures, bed, or floor
What are the main options for dark master bedrooms?
- Application: walls (trims, panels, wallpaper), ceiling, beams, bed (frame, headboard), furniture, door, windows (frame, curtains)
- Shades of Dark: black, brown (dark, dark espresso, cedar, khaki), gray (dark, charcoal, multi-toned, warm stone), taupe, blue (spruce)
- Features: dark framed art, black crystal chandelier, mirrored furniture, zebra print upholstery and area rug
What follows are beautiful photos of dark master bedrooms, along with design ideas we thought may be of interest to you. Enjoy and happy home decorating!
1. Black French Door
Points of Interest ● anthracite walls and French door ● mirrored drawer with small crystal glass knob ● crystal glass candelabra wall sconce ● white bench at the foot of bed with short wooden legs ● scalloped patterned beige headboard
2. Private Terrace
Points of Interest ● dark brown walls matching partial ceiling and glass door header ● large double sided open fireplace with stacked stone surround ● light beige oval chaise lounge ● black framed sliding glass doors to private terrace
3. Mountain View
Points of Interest ● black steel window walls with mountain view ● black leather bed frame with nailhead detail ● large framed art on black wall ● multi-toned gray plaid bed linen ● gray shag rug
4. Semi-Circle Tables
Points of Interest ● dark espresso wood panelled wall with recessed open shelves ● small black coffee table with silver pull rings ● 2 illuminated framed art on mantel above bed ● dark gray settee ● 2 dark brown semi-circle side tables with reeded panels
5. Tall Sliding Doors
Points of Interest ● taupe walls with large art pieces ● floor-to-ceiling dark espresso sliding doors ● dark gray wooden dresser with pewter cross knobs ● fringe chandelier ● dark stained timber beams on white ceiling
6. Mixed Framed Art
Points of Interest ● dark gray diamond patterned wallpapered wall ● mixed framed art on wall ● black lamp shade with white ceramic monkey base ● white bed linen with blue accents
7. Mirror Headboard
Points of Interest ● gray faux finish accent wall ● 6-panel DYI mirror headboard bare concrete wall ● weathered antique dark brown table ● dark brown leather curved club chair ● mirrored octagonal cocktail table