Hello and welcome to our Décor Outline of cozy living room designs. Below you will find a summary of the benefits, main options, and some design ideas we handpicked for you along with beautiful photos. Enjoy!
What are the benefits of having a cozy living room?
- Creates a warm and relaxed atmosphere – lets you wind down after a long day and can help warm you up during cold weather
- Allows for more family time – a cozy and inviting living room gets the family together for fun conversations or movie nights
- Can be easily achieved – warm colors, clever placement of lights, and soft fabrics can make your living room an inviting space
What are the main options for cozy living rooms?
- Furniture for comfort: recliner, sofa (L-shaped, modular, slipcovered), divan, chaise lounge, footstool, armchairs, poufs, wingback chairs
- Mood lighting: table lamps, wall sconces, candles
- Fireplace for ambiance: travertine, stacked stone, cast stone, limestone, brick, stone veneer, with built-in mirror
- Cozy accents: throw pillows, knitted throws (wool, cotton), window treatments (Roman shades, draperies, cornice board), area rug (shag rug, sisal), carpet, faux fur
- Doors: barn door, French doors (arch-top, round-top), patio doors, with shutters
What follows are beautiful photos of cozy living rooms, along with design ideas we thought may be of interest to you. Enjoy and happy home decorating!
1. Open Fireplace
Points of Interest ● antique reclaimed limestone open fireplace with exposed stone rear wall ● reclaimed timber beams on white ceiling ● Native American-inspired throw on camelback sofa ● 2 copper repoussés on white wall ● wicker storage basket on light hardwood floor
2. Bamboo Shades
Points of Interest ● L-shaped gray slipcovered sofa with mixed throw pillows ● solid aluminum round side table ● distressed espresso square coffee table ● bamboo Roman shades on door and windows ● white ceiling-mounted speaker blending in with the sloped beadboard ceiling
3. Wood & Stone
Points of Interest ● stacked stone fireplace with reclaimed wood mantel ● light gray corduroy divan ● white recliner with chocolate brown footstool ● dark hardwood floor with faux fur rug ● dark stained timber ceiling calling back hardwood floor and fireplace mantel
4. Overmantel Mirror
Points of Interest ● taupe wicker armchair with plaid wool throw ● large mirror with antique cast iron fretwork on overmantel ● 2 patinated antique bronze candle wall sconces ● snowdrops in galvanized bucket planter on unfinished wood coffee table with steel legs ● hexagonal terracotta floor with reclaimed French limestone inlay
5. Love Affair with Wood
Points of Interest ● wooden ladder against pale aqua green accent wall ● crystal glass chandelier over slatted wood coffee table ● purple orchids in round wooden planter ● indoor plants complementing the rustic wood furniture ● 3D ceiling design with spotlight system in ceiling niches
6. French Balcony
Points of Interest ● ecru slipcovered chaise lounge with pillows and throw ● white sheer drapery on round top French door to balcony ● cane topped claw foot coffee table with reeded legs ● dentil molding on eggshell white wall ● wrought iron and satin finish wood coat rack with built-in round umbrella stand
7. Driftwood Beauty
Points of Interest ● floating shelf on side of stairs with cusom made holes to securely display amphora and ovoid vases ● 2 lit candles on antique pewter chamberstick and antique brass candle holder ● recessed arched storage under the stairs with custom twisted wood balusters ● weathered limestone column supporting the reclaimed wood beams ● antique barn doors with cast iron hardware