Hello and welcome to our Décor Outline of country kitchen designs. Below you will find a summary of the benefits, main options, and some design ideas we handpicked for you along with beautiful photos. Enjoy!
What are the benefits of having a country kitchen?
- Brings warmth – invokes a feeling of nostalgia and laid back ambiance
- Natural beauty – takes advantage of stone and wood’s appealing inherent qualities
- Timeless design – country colors and patterns can blend well with either rustic or modern kitchen appliance
What are the main options for country kitchens?
- Cabinetry: pewter chicken wire inserts, distressed wood, rustic wood beadboard, milk-painted, chalk-painted, antiqued
- Countertops: wood (plank, solid, butcher block), marble, granite, soapstone, travertine, Corian, concrete, porcelain tile, laminate
- Fixtures & Hardware: pot filler, oil-rubbed bronze cup pulls, brass knobs, iron handles, pendant lights (lantern, brass bell, dome), chandelier (floral wood orb, rattan), farmhouse sink
- Accents: fireplace, wood-burning stove, alcove (brick, stone), rooster sculpture, copper cookware, window valance, hanging pot rack, wicker baskets, cast iron medallion backsplash, skylight, sliding ladder
- Wall: painted, exposed brick, wallpapered
- Flooring: terracotta, slate, brick, travertine, wood (reclaimed, hardwood)
What follows are beautiful photos of country kitchens along with design ideas we thought may be of interest to you. For some more kitchen inspiration, feel free to explore Small Kitchen Ideas, Kitchen Countertop Ideas, Kitchen Backsplash Ideas, Kitchen Cabinet Design Ideas, Kitchens with Tile Floors, Kitchens with French Doors and Rustic Kitchen Designs. Enjoy and happy home decorating!
1. Barnwood Ceiling
Points of Interest ● tile medallion stove backsplash ● arched aegean blue display cabinet in stone alcove ● bow back wood dining chairs ● two drum pendant lights with triangle pattern ● barnwood ceiling with two sloped skylights
2. Repurposed Fireplace
Points of Interest ● repurposed brick fireplace to stove surround with absolute black granite shelf ● cherry sap wood island countertop with beadboard base ● wood sliding ladder ● floral wood orb chandeliers with crystal glass
Points of Interest ● mixed bottle jars on reconditioned antique wood-burning cook stove ● brick fireplace with wall sconces ● hanging antique pots and pans on column, wall, fireplace, and ceiling ● three wooden Windsor chairs
4. Distressed Cabinets
Points of Interest ● distressed cream cabinets with beveled mirror glass inserts ● curved butcher block island countertop with glazed base cabinet ● two dark stained bar stools with leather seats ● burnished bronze lantern pendant lights
5. Stone Stove Alcove
Points of Interest ● stacked stone stove alcove with arched cast iron medallion backsplash ● glazed ivory base cabinets with open shelves ● black marble countertop with copper farmhouse sink ● reclaimed barnwood crown molding
Points of Interest ● matching copper range hood and hammered copper backsplash ● rose granite island countertop with double undermount sinks ● chopping boards on open shelf below stove ● terracotta round wine storage
7. Soapstone Countertop
Points of Interest ● black soapstone L-shaped countertop ● white island base cabinets with butcher block countertop ● exposed brick wall in soldier course pattern ● white beadboard tray ceiling with brushed steel dome pendant lights