Hello and welcome to our Décor Outline of cheerful dining room ideas. Below you will find a summary of the benefits, main options, and some design ideas we handpicked for you along with beautiful photos. Enjoy!
What are the benefits of having a cheerful dining room?
- Sets a vibrant atmosphere – a cheerful setting for eating meals gives your family and guests a comfortable and fun dining experience
- Great for entertaining – a tastefully and creatively decorated dining room is something everyone can enjoy and appreciate
- Allows for creativity – you can use different colors, textures, mix different styles, or use DIY pieces to bring variety and originality to your dining room
What are the main options for cheerful dining rooms?
- Colors: blue (light, sky, baby, stone, bold, turquoise), green (pickle, olive, sage), violet (purple, aubergine, pale lavender), yellow (bright, canary)
- Furniture: dining chairs (floral patterned upholstery, French cafe, vintage metal, shell), sky blue dining table, turquoise cabinetry, sideboards (painted, mirrored)
- Accents: art (textual, abstract, textual,landscapes), flowers (sunflowers, ‘Purple Sensation’, orchids, bougainvillea, hydrangeas), decors (plates,barn stars, statue, ball ornaments, candles), throw pillows, starburst pendant light, accent rug
- Ceiling: wallpapered, coffered with ornamental plasters, with ceiling moulding
What follows are beautiful photos of cheerful dining rooms, along with design ideas we thought may be of interest to you. Enjoy and happy home decorating!
1. Soft Blues
Points of Interest ● bright cerulean blue cushions on white bamboo dining chairs with openwork backrest ● turquoise foo dog statue on wall-mounted shelf ● sunburst style mirror on very pale blue wall ● oyster shell-rimmed hypertufa planter with lady palm tree on tall unfinished wood block plant stand ● avocados in handmade carved out solid wood fruit holder
2. Matching Fabrics
Points of Interest ● checkered light grass green wallpaper on walls with decorative white pierced ceramic plates ● seaweed green ceramic vase with cream hydrangeas ● dark stained ladder back dining chairs with hydrangea prints on seat cover matching the drapery ● glass hurricanes doubling as fruit holders to display pears ● brushed nickel lamp shade chandelier
3. Purple & Gold Tones
Points of Interest ● metallic gold Louis XVI round back dining chairs with lavender upholstery ● mirrored antique gold dining table with clipped corners ● multi-toned purple hydrangeas in hammered brass goblet vase with handles ● antique mirrored sideboard with mauve candles on crystal candelabras
4. Vibrant Seats
Points of Interest ● mixed floral upholstery on whitewashed shabby chic inspired dining chairs ● bamboo chandelier suspended by rope ● unfinished wood dining table with white farmhouse pitcher vase ● blue and purple ceramic tray ● colorful table napkins calling back the chairs’ upholstery
5. Apothecary Cabinet
Points of Interest ● glass vase with fresh sunflowers on rustic farmhouse table ● olive green patterned decorative plate on wall ● 2 gold framed landscape art ● decorative window grille with stained glass accent over middle window ● antique apothecary cabinet ● rush seat dining chairs in satin finish ● galvanized bucket planter with foliage arrangement
6. Purple Flowers
Points of Interest ● Allium ‘Purple Sensation’ flowers in glass cylinder vases ● antique mirrored sideboard with silver liquor tray and crystal decanters ● purple orchids swirling inside 2 apothecary jars ● curved back tan and gray dining chairs with gilded legs ● frameless pink abstract art on pale lavender damask wallpapered wall
7. Color Swatch
Points of Interest ● color swatch accent rug over luxury vinyl plank floor ● large chalkboard on white wall ● peach bougainvillea bouquet in glass milk jug vase ● white powder coated vintage metal bistro chairs ● slim wood topped console table with yellow hairpin legs ● 2 light gray enamel industrial shade pendant lights