Hello and welcome to our Décor Outline of brown living room ideas. Below you will find a summary of the benefits, main options, and some design ideas we handpicked for you along with beautiful photos. Enjoy!
What are the benefits of having a brown living room?
- Warms up the living room – an earthy tone like brown is soothing which promotes the feeling of coziness when hanging out with your family
- Provides a versatile background to other colors – brown, as a neutral color, can let bright colored treasured pieces stand out in the living room
- Can be styled many ways – brown is available in many hues and tones, creating variety and texture in the overall living room design
What are the main options for brown living rooms?
- Application: walls, ceiling, furniture, doors, window treatment, fireplace
- Brown Variations: beige/light beige, espresso/dark espresso, light, dark, khaki, caramel, cedar
- Natural Brown Features: wood (bare, planks, reclaimed, barnwood, timber), bricks, wicker baskets, bronze chandeliers, sisal rug, travertine tiles, flagstone flooring
What follows are beautiful photos of brown living rooms, along with design ideas we thought may be of interest to you. Enjoy and happy home decorating!
Decor Outline Ideas + Special Deals
1. Hand Painted Beams
Points of Interest ● coffered ceiling with hand painted stenciled beams ● 3 arch top French doors in light stained cherry finish ● lamp shade chandelier matching the wall sconces ● 2 beige sofas matching the ottoman coffee table ● light beige drapery with cedar brown borders
2. Ornate Chandelier
Points of Interest ● caramel colored walls and fireplace hood ● large brown solid wood coffee table ● oil-rubbed bronze candle chandelier ● 2 recessed bookshelves ● sunflower yellow fluted jar lamp on console table with decorative framed glass top
3. Rustic Wood
Points of Interest ● barnwood walls and ceiling ● aged brick fireplace with wooden mantel and triangular hearth ● sliding barn door with darker stained wood frame ● L-shaped brown leather sofa ● reclaimed hardwood floor
4. Natural Wood & Stone
Points of Interest ● knotty alder walls and ceiling ● mortared flagstone fireplace surround with stone flush hearth ● 2 beige butterfly chairs ● slim oval espresso side table doubling up as room separation ● blue and white striped director’s chair with espresso frame
5. Antique Armoire
Points of Interest ● antique dark stained wooden armoire ● arched cast iron fireplace doors ● light wood beams with corbels ● light beige sofa and loveseat with large nailhead accent ● hand painted cream wooden chest with Buffalo design
6. Barley Twist Legs
Points of Interest ● coffered ceiling with dark brown beams calling back the arched door frames ● glass topped looped wrought iron coffee table in antique brass finish ● 2 espresso stools with barley twist legs ● 2 khaki wingback chairs with cream throws
7. Tabletop Fireplace
Points of Interest ● unfinished wooden ceiling and ceiling mounted fireplace hood ● tiled tabletop fireplace with aged brick base ● solid wood bench with two-toned brown and tartan throw pillows ● brown wicker basket with burlap liner