Hello and welcome to our Décor Outline of bright finished basements. Below you will find a summary of the benefits, main options, and some design ideas we handpicked for you along with beautiful photos. Enjoy!
What are the benefits of a bright finished basement?
- Adds usable space to your home – can be transformed into a recreation space, a relaxing escape, or a guest bedroom
- Allows you to play with colors – you can throw in some touches of your favorite colors to warm up and brighten up your basement
- Many options to choose from – design isn’t limited to paint colors; you can use stone, light toned wood, and other materials for variety
What are the main options for bright finished basements?
- Wall Color: white, gold pine, blue, red, ivory, light yellow, khaki, cream, light gray, taupe, beige
- Amenities/Features: billiards table (teal, cream, gray, red), bar shelves (glass, white wood), vertical garden, fireplace (white painted brick, glass faced, stainless steel faced)
- Accents: accent wall (gray brick, light-colored stone veneer), chandelier (stainless steel spider, white artichoke, slatted wood)
- Seating Furniture: white counter chairs, brown leather bench, sofa (gray suede, cerulean blue, white, bright yellow), yellow leather trunk, tan settee
- Ceiling: white decorative tiles, gold pine, coffered (white, off-white), cream, light beige, off-white, dark beige sloped
- Flooring: flagstone, Everest zinc, carpet (light gray, white and gray, light beige, beige), gray concrete, beige granite tiles, hardwood
What follows are beautiful photos of bright finished basements, along with design ideas we thought may be of interest to you. Enjoy and happy home decorating!
1. Game Room
Points of Interest ● teal billiards table bed ● 2 ecru leather hole bar stools ● frosted glass island base cabinet doors ● oversized framed vintage poster on white wall ● white decorative ceiling tiles with exposed pipes
2. Home Bar
Points of Interest ● irregular-shaped bar with 2-tiered exotic quartzite countertops ● amber glass pendant lights and chandeliers ● suede tan counter chairs with embroidered backrest ● natural flagstone flooring
3. Zinc Floor
Points of Interest ● brown tufted leather bench upholstery ● large L-shaped gray suede sofa ● light-colored stone veneer on accent wall and column ● tray ceiling with warm cove lighting ● aged concrete flooring
4. Home Theater
Points of Interest ● white swoop arm counter chairs with nailhead trim ● Raw Concrete curved quartz countertop ● glass bar shelves with porcelain tiled rear wall ● stainless steel spider chandelier ● octagonal tray ceiling over home theater
5. Vertical Garden
Points of Interest ● vertical indoor garden on center wall ● white modern artichoke chandelier over cream pool table with dark wooden cover ● gray brick accent wall ● tall slim kitchen cabinets calling back the wood on pool table
6. Open Basement Bar
Points of Interest ● 3 taupe leather bar stools with C-shape leg design ● cream stone veneer wall ● glass double door and stationary windows ● bronzo suede marble countertop ● 3 mini glass shade pendant lights
7. Vinyl Floor
Points of Interest ● blue walls with black wainscoting ● vintage stainless steel bar stools with blue seat upholstery matching the walls ● custom TV stand with textual art and built-in storage ● multicolored vinyl mat flooring