Hello and welcome to our Décor Outline of bedroom ideas. Below you will find a summary of the benefits, main options, and some design ideas we handpicked for you along with beautiful photos. Enjoy!
What are the benefits of collecting multiple bedroom ideas?
- Gives you a visual plan – a collection of bedroom ideas can guide and inspire you in your designing plans and DIY projects
- Endless design possibility – you can choose from a wide variety of interior design styles and themes, or even discover possibilities you never knew could work
- Can work within your budget – you can form a design plan according to your budget, or learn about simple and budget-friendly options
What are some bedroom design options you will find below?
- Layout: step-up, open, bed alcove, loft style, with sitting area, with home office, access to private patio
- Bed Type: canopy (contemporary, traditional), wingback, platform, poster (four, low, half), bunk beds, pallet, with bed crown
- Accents: portieres, barn door, tapestry, accent wall, window treatment (blinds, drapes, shades, valances, curtains, cornice), indoor plants, layered rugs, fireplace
- Accent Furniture: Louis XV style fauteuil, chaise lounge, sling chairs, armoire, chest of drawers, storage trunk, bench, recamier, lift-up TV cabinet, nightstands
- Lighting: gourd table lamps, shade wall sconces, cantilever birdcage floor lamp, bubble chandelier, downlight chandelier, electrified oil lamp
- Flooring: wood (hand scraped engineered hardwood, red oak, hickory, heart pine), carpeted
What follows are beautiful photos of bedrooms, along with design ideas we thought may be of interest to you. Enjoy and happy indoor decorating!
1. Sitting Area
Points of Interest ● master bedroom with segmental archway separating the sitting area ● solid mahogany king size bed ● wood veneer storage trunk at foot of bed calling back wood Venetian blinds ● purple throw pillows in different shades and fabrics on bed and slipper chairs ● floor-to-ceiling wooden built-in bookcase with crown molding ● hand scraped engineered hardwood flooring in satin finish ● wood paneled vaulted ceiling over bed
2. Safari Sling Chairs
Points of Interest ● contemporary canopy bed with white drapery ● dark glazed oversized terracotta planter with Balfour Aralia ● cantilever birdcage inspired bamboo lantern floor lamp ● 2 safari sling chairs with matching footstool on herringbone jute area rug ● ceiling-mounted curtain track with color block linen curtain ● full view out-swing door to patio with sidelights and cannoli cream roller shades ● wave 3-blade wooden ceiling fan
3. Chinese Armoire
Points of Interest ● antique wood Chinese armoire with double door and exposed antique bronze hinges ● raised vine and leaves pattern on burnout velvet upholstered bench at foot of bed ● lilac gray tapered drum lamp shade with round mercury glass base ● curly willow branches in bamboo floor vase by the ensuite bathroom
4. Stacked Stone Fireplace
Points of Interest ● white silk bedding with rainbow colored hand woven silk blend blanket with chevron pattern ● wood-burning fireplace with stone veneer surround and brick firebox containing iron andirons with round sphere top, twisted spiral shaft, and scrolled legs ● white tufted chaise lounge ● white decorative coral and potted white orchids on dark stained slim wooden console table ● multi-patterned fabric patchwork area rug
5. Rustic Touches
Points of Interest ● multicolored striped sheets on bed facing the mortared stone fireplace with cast iron screen ● reclaimed wooden shutter doors for recessed TV cabinet above reclaimed half log fireplace mantel ● exposed timber framing walls ● taupe gray and white speckled armchair ● large sliding barn door to private home office with wood framed dark-stained bamboo door topper
Points of Interest ● off-white button tufted headboard calling back the biscuit tufted houndstooth patterned bench at foot of bed ● 2 wooden bombe commodes with crystal seashell pulls and cabriole legs ● pink peonies in cube glass vases ● 2 white ceramic triple gourd table lamps with square clear acrylic base ● white framed stationary windows with white cornice boxes and black and white quatrefoil patterned curtains on drapery arms
Points of Interest ● travertine tiled stair risers under stucco archways with supporting cast stone column ● 15th century handwoven “The Winged Stags” tapestry with double tassels ● arched window with wrought iron grilles in openwork scrolls and acanthus leaves design ● 2 antique brass gourd table lamps on bedside tables ● exposed timber beams on ceiling