Hello and welcome to our Décor Outline of bedroom color ideas. Below you will find a summary of the benefits, main options and some design ideas we handpicked for you along with beautiful photos. Enjoy!
What are the benefits of adding colors to your bedroom?
- Personalized space – you can use colors to define your personal space, reflecting your style and taste while adding beauty to your relaxing retreat
- Limitless options – in playing with colors, whether you paint your wall, add colorful furniture or different patterned fabrics, include just a smalll touch of color or go all the way, the choice is yours
Sets the mood – you can choose shades and colors that make you feel happy, romantic, or restful; the possibilities are endless
What are the main options for bedroom colors?
- Beds and Headboards – diamond tufted plum smoothie headboard, distressed sylvan green four-poster bed with fluted posts and country French bun feet, white lattice headboard, jasmine green velvet modern sleigh bed, colorful painted Mexican-inspired bed, upholstered charcoal linen floating headboard, turquoise tufted headboard with etched oval mirror, Victorian style antique brass bed
- Fabric – white bedspread with whitework and stumpwork embroidery, red and blue checked beddings, coordinating pillows and bed runner, cream diamond quilted bedspread, multicolored patchwork quilt in log cabin quilt block pattern
- Furniture – mirrored nightstands, bronze glass topped white nightstands with geometric onlay, Syrian mother-of-pearl inlaid chest of drawers, brass nightstand with scalloped apron, apple green porter’s chair, red and gold velvet damask armchair, Aruba blue ‘Little Apollo’ sled chair, shell-covered nightstand
- Wall Treatments – hand-painted multi-toned peach accent wall, gold and chinois green geometric patterned metallic wallpaper, rectangular grid linen upholstered wall panels, recessed sunny lime diagonal beadboard wall panels, rag rolled vivid viola painted accent wall, pale peach adobe wall
- Window Treatments – floor-length printed curtains with gold tassel tie-back, crystal teal and citronelle drapery, turquoise corduroy Roman shade, salt and pepper donegal tweed drapes, turquoise niche wall
- Lighting – twig bulb lamp with nickel-finished steel drum shade, scalloped bronze frosted acrylic pendant light, ‘Alberto Orb Chandelier’ with turquoise marble beads and mirrored band, patinated brass stacked ball lamp
- Accent Features – white coffered cove ceiling, red chalk-painted door with blue turquoise casing, cool gray painted stair treads, light unfinished pine beams, tobacco stained red oak floor, white beadboard door,
- Accents and Decors – pink orchids and moonshade purple carnations, full-length mirror with beveled mirror frame, colored Murano glass plate wall decors, red knobs, potent purple Mongolian lamb faux fur throw pillows, multicolored kilim motif area rug, pastel colored pillows
What follows are beautiful photos of bedroom color ideas along with design ideas we thought may be of interest to you. Enjoy and happy indoor decorating!
1. Chic Elegance
Points of Interest ● diamond tufted plum smoothie headboard complemented by purple heather satin bedding ● 2 mirrored nightstands with pink orchids and moonshade purple carnations ● wall-leaning full-length mirror with beveled mirror frame and picture frame edge ● floor-length printed curtains with gold tassel tie-back ● beaded pendant light over nightstand with intersecting panels ● sunburst style mirror on powder puff wallpapered wall with diamond pattern
2. Seaside Living
Points of Interest ● white faux leather wingback bed with nailhead trim ● crystal teal and citronelle drapery calling back the 2 decorative ceramic vases on vanity ● faux leather swivel reclining chairs with crystal teal button throw pillows ● assorted colored Murano glass plate wall decors ● white area rug with citronelle geometric pattern ● 2 twig bulb lamp with nickel-finished steel drum shade on bronze glass topped white nightstands with geometric onlay
3. Attic Feel
Points of Interest ● red and blue checked beddings on storage platform beds ● red knobs on recessed white beadboard paneled drawers ● multicolored books and toys on 4-tier bookcase headboard located beneath the sloped ceiling ● white beadboard door matching the walls and ceiling panels ● vaulted ceiling with exposed beams and triangular tin lantern pendant lights ● dark hardwood floor in semi-gloss finish
4. Ocean Theme
Points of Interest ● distressed sylvan green four-poster bed with fluted posts and country French bun feet ● white cushioned brown wicker bench with wooden towel tray on top ● white lamp shade with pastel turquoise glazed ceramic base and dyed blue coral decor on bamboo nightstand with drawers ● powdered sugar walls calling back quatrefoil patterned throw pillows ● white and two-toned blue striped area rug on terracotta tiled floor
5. Lattice Headboard
Points of Interest ● white lattice headboard on bed with coordinating pillows and bed runner ● 2 reclaimed barnwood framed round mirrors on en suite bathroom wall ● porcelain rose colored lounge chair with matching footstool ● 3 framed playing card-inspired wall art on dark olive accent wall ● color block stationary curtain on sliding glass doors with muntins to private deck
6. Hand-Painted Wall
Points of Interest ● glass chain chandelier hanging from white coffered cove ceiling ● jasmine green velvet modern sleigh bed ● round wooden nightstand with scalloped apron and cabriole legs in brass finish ● round oversized white framed mirror on Syrian mother-of-pearl inlaid chest of drawers ● 2 table lamps with peach cobbler linen shades on mismatched nightstands ● Pachira aquaaquatica (a.k.a. money tree) in planter with handles ● hand-painted multi-toned peach accent wall with white beadboard wainscoting
7. Raised Fabric Patterns
Points of Interest ● white bedspread with raised octagonal pattern and blue glow bed quilt with raised round pattern ● white padded rounded mahogany corner chair ● single-hung colonial window with drapery matching throw pillow fabrics ● 6 framed and matted black and white nature photos on baby blue wall ● stainless steel ceiling fan with light on distressed baby powder painted wood planked vaulted ceiling